Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Madden 09 Concurrent Season Interest Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadden 09 Concurrent Season Interest Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madden 09 Concurrent Season Interest Thread
    Posted: 08-17-2008 at 2:13pm
We have the two NCAA's going with OL dynasty and the League so I was thinking about something different with Madden, if there is any interest.

Since the "cough Online League cough" in Madden, is screwier than Paulie Shore. What I propose is a concurrent season mode.

It will be really simple...

For example I take Pittsburgh. Once the season starts I need to play an online game for the 1st week by Sunday.  Since this is concurrent, it does not matter who you play online (anyone can play me in the full schedule - even people who are not in the season - AS LONG AS THEY ARE A SGN member).  If for some reason nobody as time to play you by the end of the week, you simply play the CPU (I think we are all trustworthy enough to do that).  User/user games are preferred but we all know how life gets.

I am sure Jason can setup a league format with a CPU and Non Season SGN user entry, for this example.

Once the season is over and playoffs start we play a seeded playoff.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2008 at 2:34pm
Sort of like an honor league if you can't get a game in?  I think that could work here.

What setting are you thinking for online and offline play?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2008 at 2:40pm
I was thinking the same as NCAA for both - 7 minutes on All-Pro.  Seems to give a good challenge and descent stats.  Unless you play the audible/hotroute/play clock drainer we call Peyton... err I mean Jason. LOL

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2008 at 2:50pm
I'll play as the Seahawks.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2008 at 5:35pm
So far

Brent - Pittsburgh
Ted - Seattle
Jason - New York Giants

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2008 at 6:38pm
I'll take the Giants.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2008 at 4:28pm
Hey Brent, I'm really not feeling it with Madden and I think I will probably be sending it back in anticipation of the two hockey titles.  My imported superstar isn't giving me any thrill and that was the sole reason I was keeping it around.

Sorry to be a tease on this one.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2008 at 4:45pm
That's cool.  You are keeping NCAA right?  Also are you planning on getting March Madness 09? Really kinda hoping to have a league for it. I just prefer college to pro.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2008 at 4:48pm
Of course I'm keeping NCAA.  I really like this year's version offline and I'm sure online will be just as fun as last year.  Plus we have some really fun leagues going.  I just can't get into Madden.  I'll let you know about basketball.  I'm just not really into the sport.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2008 at 4:52pm
Cool.  I am kinda in the same boat on Madden.  It is so bland compared to NCAA09 (as it is most every year).  Heh, I might back out also even though I told Jason we could play a head to head season if nobody is interested.

I will be gameflying Top Spin 3 and Tiger Woods 09, just waiting till next week to start my gamefly so I can get both games coming at the same time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>