Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Match Reports Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMatch Reports Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Match Reports Thread
    Posted: 03-25-2006 at 1:31am

Mexico

Nigeria
Score
Shots
On Goal
Penalty
Free Kicks
Corners
Fouls
Offside
Yellow
Red
50%
Possession
50%

Goals:

Nigeria - Olofinjan 18'
Martins 46', 60', 83'
Abbey 54'
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-25-2006 at 1:34am

Iran

Nigeria
Score
Shots
On Goal
Penalty
Free Kicks
Corners
Fouls
Offside
Yellow
Red
49%
Possession
51%

Goals:

Iran:

28' Kaquetz
39' Bogodani
64' Pehesur

Nigeria:

55' Odemwingie
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-25-2006 at 1:45am
I did... I'll post them tomorrow.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-25-2006 at 1:52am

Thanks Seth.  Or you can send me a PM and I'll just edit my post.  Come to think of it I should just have asked you if you wanted to do the match report since you got the win.  If you do I'll just delete my post no problem.   Just let me know and thanks for looking out.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-25-2006 at 3:31pm
I PM'd you the goal scorers, Ted.  In fact, that's all I wrote down post match, as I didn't really plan on writing a full report, so thanks for jotting the stats down.

The Odemwingie goal was really nice.  Whenever your guys got some space, their shots from distance were very strong and on target.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-25-2006 at 3:43pm
I noticed that too.  The Nigerians are actually quite a bit of fun to play with as they have some flair to them that's for sure.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2006 at 10:21pm

Portugal
Nigeria
Score
Shots
On Goal
Penalty
Free Kicks
1 Corners
Fouls
Offside
Yellow
Red
44%
Possession
56%

Goals:

Portugal - Simao - 37',  Pauleta 89'

It was a frantic match from the get-go, as both sides used speed and pressure to create opportunities.  At times, it appeared to be more of a pinball match than a game of footie, as the ball was flying all over the pitch.  The Nigerians were relentless in their pressure, but failed to get off any decent scoring chances in the first stanza.  Portugal pressured down the flanks, as expected, and Simao put up the first tally off of a beautiful service from Ronaldo.

In the second half, it was all Nigeria for the first forty minutes.  They used their speed to force the issue in the Portuguese half of the field, but were unfortunate as two shots bounced off the woodwork, and many more scurried just left and right of the mark.  It took all of the Portuguese skill and fortitude to fend off the relentless attack, and occasionally mount a counter.  In the 89th minute, Pauleta put in another service off of a counter-attack to seal the Nigerian's fate.  One can't help but believe that on any other day, the score would be reversed.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2006 at 10:28pm
Are the Portuguese also called Spaniards?

I'm sorry to see Nigeria be eliminated as they were quite fun to play with.

Good game Kev!
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2006 at 10:46pm
LOL...  No, Ted...  I still have Spain on the brain, after Seth pummeled me like the last girl picked in a game of dodge ball!  I'll fix it...  Sorry!

Great game, by the way!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2006 at 10:48pm
Look at that, mister "I probably won't win one game" has won another one Wink.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>