Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Match Reports Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMatch Reports Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Match Reports Thread
    Posted: 03-27-2006 at 10:54pm
LOL, Jason...  these things have a way of evening themselves out.  I've clearly had the better squad in all my matches thus far, except against Spain.  When we play even up, you guys will run off a few against me.  Believe me, that score could've easily been reversed tonight...

Plus, I'm sure I'll eat plenty of crow in the MLB league!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2006 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Plus, I'm sure I'll eat plenty of crow in the MLB league!

Not against me. All of these other guys have been practicing and I don't even own the game yet LOL.

Just so you know, I only beat Ted once in MVP 2005 and I always used the Yankees and he always used Seattle (except one time). I couldn't even hit one homerun during our 10 games against each other with the Yankee lineup Thumbs Down.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-28-2006 at 7:34am
You and I will be an even match, maybe!  I won't have the game until Friday, at the earliest, and I haven't played MLB since about 1999...

Smile

Kevin
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-29-2006 at 12:02pm
Great game between Mexico (Jason) and Iran (me) last night... I wrote down the details but got sucked up by Oblivion before I had a chance to post them.  Long story short:

Great defense all around.  Iran outshot Mexico 20 to 7, but the only goal scored came off a cross that an Iranian player headed towards goal, but ended up bouncing about four different players before finally being directed in by what I believe was the Mexican goalie's left shoulder.

Jason mounted a good late game attack, drawing a free kick from what was literally inches outside the box in the closing moments.  The save was made, but the ball frittered in front of goal as time wound down, as several clumsy legs vied for it.  Iran finally cleared to preserve the 1-0 victory.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 12:57pm
I'm scared now!  If Jason can give you fits, I'm in trouble, especially now that he has a real squad to play with!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

I'm scared now!  If Jason can give you fits, I'm in trouble, especially now that he has a real squad to play with!

Kev, are we good for tonight? If so, what time?
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 8:30pm
Hey Jason,

Are you available?

Kevin
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 9:30pm

Mexico

Portugal
Score
Shots
On Goal
Penalty
Free Kicks
Corners
Fouls
1 Offside
Yellow
Red
51%
Possession
49%

Goals:

Portugal - Simao 26'
                Pauleta - 38', 53', 82'

Portugal was in top form tonight, as Pauleta scored a hat trick against an out-manned Mexican squad.  The Portuguese pressure was relentless to start the match, but the Mexicans defended well, until Simao headed home a beautiful service in the 26th minute to break the scoreless tie.  To finish off the scoring in the first stanza, Pauleta displayed some fancy footwork to outwit the right side of the Mexican defense, and loft a pinpoint left-footed strike in the upper 90, off the keeper's mits.

An aggressive Mexico squad formualted some solid attacking opportunities in the second-half, only to come up short.  Portugal's counter attack was deadly, as cross after cross found its target in the box.  The opportunistic Pauleta capitalized on a give-away from about 30 yards for his third goal, and netted the last home on a service from the flank, as the inside size and strength advantage of the Portuguese squad was evident.

Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-03-2006 at 10:00pm

Portugal

Iran
Score
Shots
On Goal
Penalty
Free Kicks
Corners
Fouls
1 Offside
Yellow
Red
53%
Possession
47%

Goals:

Portugal - Pauleta 0'

Iran - Kaquetz 14'
         Vednikram 19', 26', 30', 70', 73', 84'
         Maquelweid 36'

Well!  Obviously it was the Vednikram show tonight.  Just insane.  Portugal jumped out to the VERY early lead, but Iran stormed back and held control for the entirety of the match.  Iran's physical strength has made them the surprise of the bracket, as they always seem to successfully fight their way to loose balls or maintain position for the entry pass.

Don't give up hope, Kevin!  Iran is a pretty good team!  There will be brackets in which to exact your revenge!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-03-2006 at 10:04pm
Shocked

Wow!!! I thought Kevin had a good shot at beating Seth tonight with Portugal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>