Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Reminder tonight is Nascar at Richmond
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReminder tonight is Nascar at Richmond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reminder tonight is Nascar at Richmond
    Posted: 08-27-2008 at 4:30pm
Practice starts at 10 eastern with qualifying at 10:30

This is a short track so we are doing the 8 car field tonight.  That means if 8 humans show up (John, Seth?) there is no AI.  If 6 show up 2 AI.  If 4 show 4 AI...you get the idea.

We should probably practice in a starter room and then make a new room for qualifying and racing once it is determined how many are showing up.

And apologies for the late notice on this race.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-27-2008 at 10:30pm
Great race tonight guys.  We had such a good run in the beginning and again at the end.  9 lead changes and only 6 cautions on a short track.  Well done all.

Congrats Fazeo on another win!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-27-2008 at 10:36pm
Great race. The competition is starting to heat up:

League Standings

Good win tonight Fazeo and I was glad to see John join us for a race.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2008 at 6:49am
Sorry I missed last night guys - I fell asleep at 9 and didn't wake up until 4 this morning.  All in all, it was the best night's sleep I have had in weeks (months? - I am an insomniac).  Now if I can only get my good sleep on TUESDAY nights ...... then I may be refreshed enough not only to drive, but to actually do good for a change.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2008 at 7:17am
No problem. Glad to hear you got a good night's sleep.

My kids took care of my insomnia problem Wink.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2008 at 7:22am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

No problem. Glad to hear you got a good night's sleep.

My kids took care of my insomnia problem Wink.

Really?  My daughter ADDS to my insomnia problem.
J Cauthen View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote J Cauthen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2008 at 8:37am
I enjoyed racing with you guys last night, thanks for the reminder Ted!  I was so immersed in Tiger Woods 2009, that I totally lost track of other things going on.  It took something to get me to pull away from that game, as much fun as I'm having with it, to join you guys but I'm glad I did.   I was a bit rusty because I hadn't raced since late last Wednesday night/early Thursday morning.  I hadn't set up my Wheel for almost three weeks, but I did it for the race last night.

I was amazed at how clean the racing was, at least what I could see of it from the rear! Embarrassed  I don't have a lot of confidence on short tracks.  I really need to get some setups to allow me to feel more at ease with being able to hold a raceable line.  I was mostly concerned about staying out of the way last night.

I also want to apologize for my miscue on the backstretch of the final lap last night.  My left heel slipped off of the frame of my pedal base and when it did, my foot hit the brake pedal launching me into a spin.  I know some of you had to deal with the aftermath.  I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't intentional.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2008 at 9:13am
Originally posted by J Cauthen

I also want to apologize for my miscue on the backstretch of the final lap last night.  My left heel slipped off of the frame of my pedal base and when it did, my foot hit the brake pedal launching me into a spin.  I know some of you had to deal with the aftermath.  I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't intentional.

No one thought it was intentional. Hope you join us more often.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2008 at 9:28am
No problem about the spin out John.  I don't think it effected the finish order at all.  We're glad to have another driver in the mix too.  Also, I've started posting my setups before the race in my locker.  They're not always faster than the default setups, but I feel they are more stable so feel free to see if you like them.

Grambo, sorry you missed the race, but glad you got some good sleep.  I had no idea you had that problem.  Must be tough to deal with.
J Cauthen View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote J Cauthen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2008 at 12:18pm
Thanks Jason and Ted for the feedback.  I know it looked goofy to see a driver spinning on a straightaway for no obvious reason.  My big tugboats present a problem for me on the pedal base for the Microsoft wheel.  I rest my left heel on the front rim of the base.  It is narrow and I'm prone to slip off.  I leave it there because I'm a left foot braker in racing games.  I'm trying to figure out a mod to keep this from happening.

Ted, I'm going to try your setups and see how they work out.  I usually find that someone's real world setups work better for me.  I'm embarrassed to admit how inept I am at setting up any kind of race car to better performance, other than setting spoiler angles and grill tape.  I can sure tell the difference in them though.  I need to spend more time educating myself about them as much as I love racing games now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>