Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: A bit of a gaming rut
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA bit of a gaming rut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A bit of a gaming rut
    Posted: 09-04-2008 at 5:45pm
I had a lot of unexpected stuff to deal with last weekend but will definitely be around Friday and Saturday night. Name your night and time.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-04-2008 at 5:57pm
Anytime Fri/Sat night... We need to get some NCAA League games going anyway. Plus you really would not want to have played me in TW or Top Spin for that matter. I have the mad skillz in golf and tennis games.  I am sure they will all be repurchased down the road. LOL

Just not anytime soon.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-04-2008 at 6:14pm
I actually wanted to play Tiger with you because I had some questions and wanted some tips on the game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-04-2008 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I actually wanted to play Tiger with you because I had some questions and wanted some tips on the game.

I can give them to you while we play NCAA 09.

Just .95 for the first minute.  $2.50 for every minute after. 

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-04-2008 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Actually, I wish I could stop gaming more, then I would be able to finally finish the book I am writing.

What type of book are you writing?
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2008 at 3:19pm

Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Actually, I wish I could stop gaming more, then I would be able to finally finish the book I am writing.

What type of book are you writing?

Actually I am working on three - part of MY OCD, lol.  The biggest one is a work of fiction based on actual events that happened to someone I know in the aftermath of 9/11 (it is a remote piece, not an actual on-the-scene 9/11 story).  The second is a group of young adult novels with a twist.  The final is one I started last year and is a Sci-Fi/Alternative History piece set on the International Space Station.

I've always dabbled in writing but didn't get too serious until I met my wife.  She is a published author in the Sci-Fi genre (short stories thus far, but published along with major writers) and she is almost done her first full novel and has an agent and a "possible" publisher (fingers crossed).
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2008 at 3:46pm
Very cool. I hope you send me advanced copies Wink.

You've always got options like Lulu for self-publishing.

What sci-fi short stories has your wife written? Are they available for sale?
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2008 at 4:55pm

Very cool. I hope you send me advanced copies Wink.

You've always got options like Lulu for self-publishing.

What sci-fi short stories has your wife written? Are they available for sale?

She had one high profile one awhile back:

http://www.amazon.com/Redshift-Extreme-Visions-Speculative-Fiction/dp/0451459040/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220651652&sr=1-6

Her name at the time was Laura Whitton, and got good reviews (there was even a college somewhere in the mid-West that used her story as the right way to write a short story on Sci-Fi).
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2008 at 5:38pm
Very impressive. Many of the reviewers had favorable things to say about your wife's story.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2008 at 9:15pm
That's Awesome, Grambo!  Put me on the list of folks that want to read your work...

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12