Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Pure Demo?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPure Demo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pure Demo?
    Posted: 09-04-2008 at 5:54pm
Anyone try it out? I'm going to download it tonight and give it a shot. The early buzz is that it's pretty good.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-04-2008 at 8:19pm
I've heard good things about it but I haven't tried it yet. I know the trailers for the game left me a bit confused, the game looks way over the top.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-04-2008 at 11:30pm
Bleh, I didn't like it much.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2008 at 4:23am
Yeah it looked nice and all but Pure just seems way over the top for my tastes. I could see getting bored with it rather quickly too, just not enough diversity in the vehicles and game types for me.

The environments are pretty spectacular looking though, I'll give the game that.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2008 at 6:11am
Agreed. The game looks amazing but too over-the-top for me too. I hate games that give you a speed boost for doing tricks -  I don't want to perform tricks, I want to race. The MX vs ATV series has over-the-top tricks too, but they don't give you any advantage during the race.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-15-2008 at 8:38am
I may be flip-flopping on Pure. I played the demo again, made it through the training and got to race on a real track and was impressed. I still hate that you need to perform tricks to get a speed boost (I wonder if speed boost can be disabled?), but the graphics, tracks and handling are all great. Some of those big jumps really give you a rush.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-15-2008 at 12:37pm
I wanted to like it but it there is simply too much emphasis on tricks/boost vs racing.  I went through the whole demo and completed the race a couple times. A bit too fast for me (especially under boost) where I was all over the place. Heck I crashed more times than I could count.

I will say it is one of the nicest looking games out there.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-15-2008 at 7:24pm
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/910/910309p1.html

Closing Comments
Pure delivers an outrageous, arcadey off-road racing experience with style and slickness. The controls are intuitive, the tracks are pure eye candy and the tricks are so crazy and over-the-top that you’ll find yourself gasping with glee when you land your first Lazy Girl. Although it’s a blast to play, it’s not the deepest game out there, and we found ourselves wishing for just a few more modes, tracks and options to round out the experience. But overall, Pure is just pure fun, and that’s what it’s all about.

IGN Ratings for Pure (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guideGet%20Ratings%20Information
8.5 Presentation
The levels and tracks are lovingly rendered, and the menus (save for the ATV construction system) and uber-intuitive.
9.5 Graphics
Pure looks like a million bucks. The vistas go on for miles, the bikes look sharp and the character animations are engaging and slick.
8.5 Sound
Engines purr and rumble accurately, and the sound effects are carefully crafted to draw you in, especially during jumps. Voice acting varies.
9.0 Gameplay
If you like to have fun, you will like this game. It lacks depth somewhat, but the core of the experience is a blast.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
The lone single-player mode, although fun, is a bit short. But the multiplayer is robust and well-implemented.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-30-2008 at 2:44pm
I think I'm going to buy this when the price drops. It really is a fun and good-looking game.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-30-2008 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I think I'm going to buy this when the price drops. It really is a fun and good-looking game.

Ditto - I almost bought this today, but ended up getting an RPG instead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>