Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: FIFA 09 Demo Due Tomorrow...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFIFA 09 Demo Due Tomorrow...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FIFA 09 Demo Due Tomorrow...
    Posted: 09-10-2008 at 2:32pm
for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Full Story
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-10-2008 at 6:32pm
Really looking forward to this one.  Maybe we can get an odd league going?  Lower division in England?  French League?  Argentina?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-11-2008 at 7:13pm
Downloading right now...
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-11-2008 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Really looking forward to this one.  Maybe we can get an odd league going?  Lower division in England?  French League?  Argentina?

I would be down for a Fifa league.  A lower division English league would be interesting.  Anything would be better than playing an MLS league. ;)

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-12-2008 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Brent

A lower division English league would be interesting.

Wouldn't it, though?  Might I suggest a lower division English league like, say, the league with this club in it?

Downloading the demo now, having spent yesterday in London being medically fiddled with.
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-12-2008 at 11:18am
Got the demo off of PSN last night and played a couple of quick games this morning.  More so than the demo of 08, I felt like there was good flow to the game and pretty reasonable control of the ball. Granted, that was a 10 minute impression.  Really looking forward to the FIFA Clubs feature online.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-12-2008 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

Originally posted by Brent

A lower division English league would be interesting.

Wouldn't it, though?  Might I suggest a lower division English league like, say, the league with this club in it?

Downloading the demo now, having spent yesterday in London being medically fiddled with.

Well I was thinking more of playing Cambridge United since I usually play the U's on Football Manager (yeah, I am a masochist), but I could roll with Leeds United just as easy.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-12-2008 at 6:30pm
League Div 1 is fine by me...

Brent - Hereford
GB - Hartlepool
Grambo - Leeds

for those not familiar with the league here are the teams.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/clubs?league=eng.3&cc=5901

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-12-2008 at 6:34pm
Hmm, choices.  Not even sure I would keep the game long enough to not screw up your league.  But I'm leaning towards

Peterborough (in honor of the Peterborough Petes from Slapshot)
Swindon ("Helloooo Swindon" ala Eddie Izzard)
Stockport (where I saw my first naked chick while delivering water)
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-13-2008 at 6:30am
Leeds?  I love you dearly, Grambo, but if this league gets going I won't be able to live with myself if I don't thoroughly whup Leeds.

This demo isn't bad at all, is it?  The range of passes that are actually of some use is impressive, I like the shooting and I love the player movement.  Not formed any kind of opinion on the new jostling features yet, and the sliding tackle is still broken (not mechanically, though there's still a certain amount of guesswork involved, but if a ball-winning tackle goes on to connect with an attacker, it's still often given as a foul).  The pace of the game is faster than FIFA 08, which I think is a shame because 08 was spot-on for pace in my book, but it's still perfectly playable and can apparently be changed through the options even in the demo, though I confess to not having looked for myself.

I've also not really played around with any of the new tactical settings, but from a few matches the differences in defensive style between, say, Chelsea and AC Milan are apparent.  So far, I'm impressed and looking forward to playing some more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>