Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: FIFA 09 Demo Due Tomorrow...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFIFA 09 Demo Due Tomorrow...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FIFA 09 Demo Due Tomorrow...
    Posted: 09-13-2008 at 6:38am
Adam, did you play UEFA 2008? If so, how does the gameplay in the FIFA 09 demo compare to it?
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-13-2008 at 7:30am
I played it, Jason, but much of my playing time was in Captain Your Country.  The pace of FIFA 09 is closer to Euro 2008 than FIFA 08, the passing and player movement are much better, and though the two games seem to play similarly in defence, there's a greater range of animations and interactions with the ball - defending high balls in the box, in particular, is much more satisfying.

I read in another thread that you'd probably skip FIFA 09 unless it was a big leap from Euro 2008.  I look forward to seeing what you do - after a couple of demo matches I was quite ready to suggest you kissed Euro goodbye.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-13-2008 at 7:51am
Thanks for the info Adam. At least I have some time to figure out what I'm going to do since FIFA doesn't come out until 10/14.
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-25-2008 at 4:03pm

Would love to do a business school analysis of EA's marketing campaign for FIFA.  Wow.

http://kotaku.com/5054520/this-fifa-09-ad-is-absolutely-ridiculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12