Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NHL 09 BAP for Monday night?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNHL 09 BAP for Monday night?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 09 BAP for Monday night?
    Posted: 09-22-2008 at 8:57pm
Me too.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2008 at 9:12pm
going online in a few, hopefully a few others are game for some NHL

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2008 at 11:49pm
Well our club broke it's cherry and we are 0-4 in club play.  Web joined us and hopefully Seth will too in awhile. 

The first franchise goal was scored by Brent in our fourth game.  Congrats Brent.Clap

Even though we lost all four it was pretty fun learning to play with you guys and getting some rhythm going.  I really don't think I'm our answer at center so I'm happy to move off and play a different position.  I just don't feel like a natural scorer and my face offs need work.

Truthfully goalie is my favorite to play, but in all four games none of the other teams fielded a goalie.  Maybe only when we play 6 v 6.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2008 at 1:18am
The club gets it's first win and two trophies in a 2-0 shutout (first win and shutout trophies).  Players were Jake and Brent. I got my second goal in the game.  We played three really close games together and with the win, we lost the first time we played together and lost on the final shot in a shootout to a CPU controlled player in the final match.

I think the record is now 1-6-1.   I had a blast in playing each game and look forward to future BAP Club nights.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2008 at 8:43am
Sorry guys, I fell asleep at 8:30pm on the coach and went right to bed when my wife woke me up at 11pm.

We should definitely try to set up a club night.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2008 at 8:46am
Ted, if you're really switching off center, I'll re-spec and take it.  I think I'm a better O than D player...
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2008 at 11:01am
That would make me relieved as I think you, Brent, and Seth or Jason on the front line would be a great team.  I'll hang back on D and play goalie in 6v6 games.

It was really great seeing Brent get his legs last night.  He had really transformed in the games I watched him play with Jake.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2008 at 11:02am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Sorry guys, I fell asleep at 8:30pm on the coach and went right to bed when my wife woke me up at 11pm.

We should definitely try to set up a club night.

I think a dedicated club night would be good to get a large group, but you can also play club games with just 2 so I would encourage any two members that are online at the same time to play club games.  Sure helps learning the others' tendencies.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2008 at 1:32pm
Agreed that anytime we have two or more we should jump in and play club games.

League nights would be great to get a full team in.  Ted was right that playing with a few CPU players is not a disadvantage.

This game online is an absolute blast and probably the most fun I have had online.  Tiburon needs a swift kick in the ass because the football games could use something like this.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2008 at 9:32pm
We're playing again tonite.  Brent with Jake and me rotating in and out.  Anyone that wants to join in hop in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12