Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
    Posted: 10-07-2008 at 7:34am
Sorry I had to run after one game, but it was past my bed time already.  I thought we were doing some good things, though!  Better defense overall.  That go-ahead goal they got threaded the needle through like four dudes.  I need to get some practice time in against the CPU and get more comfortable with shooting.  
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 9:38pm
I'm gonna try and get on at 11pm my time.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 9:01pm
After dinner.  Probably another half hour.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 8:49pm
What time were you planning on playing?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 4:07pm
I would like to play tonight.  I'll look for you.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 3:57pm
Anyone playing later tonight?  I just found out my exam on Wednesday has been pushed back a week, so with my daughter in daycare tomorrow, and me not having to study all freaking day, I wouldn't mind some NHL (after I get Rock Band out of my system).
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 2:55pm
Good to know.  I think the default strategy is staggered, but I'll cycle through and make sure it is on that in the future.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 2:25pm
Was doing some searches on scoring strategy and came across this, regarding those exploit shots:

"Me and Jedi were playing online earlier today, and when we set the defensive strategy to "Staggered", the AI defenders would block a lot of those cheesy hotspot shots. If you're playing club matches with 2 AI defensemen, try this out and share your results."
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 10:27am
There may be.  Probably a combination of defensive settings with the d-pad, playing tight, and using the center as the primary backchecker since the d-men can't always be relied upon to stay with the low forechecker.

One doesn't always have to use the poke, lift stick, or hit buttons to knock a guy off the puck or disrupt him.  Just skating into him will quite often cause his animation to disrupt.  Hard to overcome habits, but it does work.

Remember, always keep the legs moving in the offensive zone.  No standing around Smile.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-06-2008 at 8:39am
Thanks for the tips, Ted.  I am guilty of standing and stopping at the blue line when I find myself ahead of the puck, as well as camping in front of the net and not moving in the offensive zone.

As for that main goal exploit people are using, surely there's a way to lessen the chance of them getting that open of a look, right?  Is it possible to keep a body on those guys without playing chase-the-puck?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>