Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
    Posted: 10-07-2008 at 7:34am
Sorry I had to run after one game, but it was past my bed time already.  I thought we were doing some good things, though!  Better defense overall.  That go-ahead goal they got threaded the needle through like four dudes.  I need to get some practice time in against the CPU and get more comfortable with shooting.  
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-07-2008 at 10:19am
Both Jake and I had some really bad lag in all of our games.  I hope this isn't the start of the same crap that happened last year to me at this time.

Anyone want to get a couple of games in tonight?
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-07-2008 at 10:25am
I will certainly try and be on, in the 10:30 EST range.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-07-2008 at 3:42pm
Sorry I was a no-show.  Fell asleep early and didn't get up until well after midnight.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-09-2008 at 3:51pm
Guys, I'm gonna give notice that I'm outta the club game and the online game altogether.  It's just become an exploit-fest online.  It's all I see anymore and I'm not having any fun.  Gonna stick to playing a dynasty with my son.

Sorry to bail on you guys, but every online game has become a controller throwing experience.  Not how I want to spend my entertainment time.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-09-2008 at 3:55pm
Really!?  Wow, that's sad to hear.  I played NBA Live online last night and while there's no sign of exploits, there's no real BAP mode and it's basically impossible to play any kind of defense in the game (even though the offline game sort of impressed me).  So all around this OTP stuff seems to be coming up a bit short.  I'm still looking forward to FIFA as my time online with the DSP guys in '08 was pretty awesome all around.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-09-2008 at 7:01pm
That's a shame. Let see if a patch addresses any of these exploits. We can always play "old fashion", one-on-one games.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-10-2008 at 7:39am
Well, NBA Live OTP pretty much sucks, with people bailing mid-game left and right.  Back to Gamefly!

I'm going to keep trying with NHL for a while, as even random OTP seems to yield pretty good results, often with less cheesing than in the club games.  And I'll play a bit more EASHL with the DSP team until the torrent of new game releases forces me to send it back to Gamefly.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2008 at 6:42pm
Ted - Fazeo is playing this now.  Could you send him an invite to play for the SGN team, or is that something I can do?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2008 at 6:47pm
I'll get on there and send him an invite and also make you a GM so you can invite anyone you want.  If you guys start playing regularly please post the times you figure to be on.  I think I can bear to try and play it now and again.  I enjoyed our few game, Grambo.

Edit:  He'll need to have created a BAP for me to send an invite I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>