Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Is the NHL 09 online community a microcosm........
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs the NHL 09 online community a microcosm........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the NHL 09 online community a microcosm........
    Posted: 09-26-2008 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Brent

Originally posted by JasonSGN

After saying all that, I really want to go online and kick the sh*t out of someone's hockey team tonight. Anyone going to be around later?

Count me in. 

Boxing

Of course I'll play with you guys.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-26-2008 at 8:49pm
Good to hear.  Are you playing tonight? I am guessing Jason will be on in a few minutes.  Going to log in shortly.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-26-2008 at 8:54pm
I'll try to be on soon.  We're eating dinner shortly.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 12:25am
Great fun tonight, pucks hitting the net help. ;)   Ted, you need to share your strategy from game 2. It was a classic.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 3:34am
Brent, thanks for restoring my faith in this game online tonight.  It helped that we played 3 opponents that were more evenly matched with us, but  you certainly made the games fun.  The final one that we won 5-0 was just great.

I'll share my instigator tactic tomorrow LOL
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 6:51am
I'm really sorry I missed out again tonight. I started working out again after a 6 week layoff and it's made me very tired at night.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 12:41pm
Jason, I hope you can play soon.  Last night was a LOT of fun (finally).

The story of the tactic Brent referred to is this....

We played Pimpin in our first game and lost in shootout at the end of a 1-1 tie.  The two guys on pimpin were a #69 and a #1. 

Brent had pointed out that #1 wasn't that good and watching a few replays showed that this assessment was correct.  #1 didn't have much of a deke move during the shootout and in general was giving up the puck alot.

Just by coincidence we got matched up with Pimpin again in the enxt game.  Much of the same game as the first.......So it was late in the third period and we're tied 1-1 again.  #69 once again had been taking the body all game and was hitting after whistles like a wild man.  On top of that his skater had two black eyes.  This guy must like to scrap is what I thought.

I told Brent my plan.  "Brent, I'm gonna instigate a fight with #69 and that will leave you 1-1 with the #1 guy.  I think you can beat him alone."  Brent sounded dubious about it, but gave me the go ahead.

It didn't take long.  At the next face off I started jamming on the Y button and #69 took the bait.  The fight was over quickly and I lost (my first loss in 6 fights), but the trap was set.  Brent and #1 went into OT.  About 1 or 2 minutes into OT #1 takes a tripping penalty and now it is just Brent 4 on 3 with the computer.  It didn't take him long.  I couldn't see what kind of shot he took, but he scored the game winner and we got retribution.

I realize the fight and tactic probably didn't really help us win, but it was cool to use the tactic to see what would happen.  Of course all the credit goes to Brent for finishing and getting us the win.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 1:47pm
I finally gave in and cleared my cache this morning and I was only able to get through one game of NHL 09 before receiving the "Dirty Disc" error again Angry. EA really needs to patch this quickly. I'm going to try logging in under my son's profile to see if that works.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I'm going to try logging in under my son's profile to see if that works.

That didn't work either.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 3:03pm
Have you tried clearing your cache? 

Clear the Cache on the Xbox 360

To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

• Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
  • Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
  • Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

You will see a confirmation message to confirm system maintenance, proceed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>