Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Is the NHL 09 online community a microcosm........
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs the NHL 09 online community a microcosm........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the NHL 09 online community a microcosm........
    Posted: 09-27-2008 at 4:15pm
I don't understand how the cache can cause a DDE?  And how would a patch address this since we're not all getting DDE?  Do you think you should try to exchange the disk for a new one.  It's been less than 90 days.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I finally gave in and cleared my cache this morning and I was only able to get through one game of NHL 09 before receiving the "Dirty Disc" error again Angry.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

I don't understand how the cache can cause a DDE?  And how would a patch address this since we're not all getting DDE?  Do you think you should try to exchange the disk for a new one.  It's been less than 90 days.

I've read about other people exchanging the game numerous times and still getting the DDE with the new discs. The good news is that EA is acknowledging the issue.

The one thing I did notice was that this starting happening after I downloaded the Tiger Woods patch this week.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 5:01pm
Ahhh, didn't know that it was a known issue.  I hope you can play soon.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 7:46pm
I'm going to try clearing my cache one more time and disable Autosave. Someone mentioned that disabling Autosave before clearing the cache helps.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2008 at 7:53pm
I do think this year's has a LOT of bugs.  I've seen all kinds of issues online with freezes and the EA servers are having a hard time handling the load I think.  All kinds of weird things happen.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2008 at 2:27pm

I'm going to try clearing my cache one more time and disable Autosave. Someone mentioned that disabling Autosave before clearing the cache helps.

I'm almost afraid to type this, but I've played 3 games with no DDE's since doing the above [Fingers Crossed].
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2008 at 7:52pm
Sill working...
[Knocks on wood]
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2008 at 10:25pm

Sill working...
[Knocks on wood]

When can you play a club game?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-29-2008 at 6:31am
How about tonight?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>