Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: PES09 Demo coming Oct 2nd
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPES09 Demo coming Oct 2nd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PES09 Demo coming Oct 2nd
    Posted: 09-29-2008 at 2:03pm
http://www.psu.com/Konami-releasing-PES-2009-demo-this-week-News--a0004938-p0.php

Konami has confirmed that it will be releasing a demo of the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 on October 2.

Players will be able to take part in a five-minute exhibition match, choosing from club teams including Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona, along with fellow national sides France and Italy.

Promotional footage detailing PES 2009’s ‘Become a Legend’ and online ‘Legends’ modes will also be included.

It's also worth mentioning that the PS3 version of the hotly anticipated soccer title will include Trophy support, making it Konami's first title for the system to do so.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-29-2008 at 2:05pm
http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/pes-2009-edit-mode-exposed/

Looks like the edit mode from the last gen consoles have made their way to this gen.  Apparently the PC and console edit mode are similar. Check out the link for an example at the detail of the edit mode.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-29-2008 at 2:19pm

Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-29-2008 at 4:56pm
Hmm, I may wait to see how this stacks up against FIFA before I pull the trigger on a footy title this fall.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 1:44pm
Fifa is a guarantee for me since online play WILL work and you get all the licenses.  Plus it is already paid off. I just can't see PES going from absolutely horrid online to even tollerable.

PC Demo of PES 09 is available.

http://files.filefront.com/PES2009+DEMOexe/;11946169;/fileinfo.html

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 2:12pm
DEMO is up

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-03-2008 at 3:04pm
Safe to say my Fifa 09 purchase is solidified with this demo.  Did not care for the PES demo and will once again not be playing it this year.

Also WTF with the menus and such. It is like they let the guys from Amped 3 do them. Silly.

GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-04-2008 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Brent

Safe to say my Fifa 09 purchase is solidified with this demo.  Did not care for the PES demo and will once again not be playing it this year.

"PES 2008 2009 - Our Mothers Think We're Working!"

If you were to release a patch for PES 2008 to provide full-backs that sometimes stood in the right place (just often enough for me to think it's not a happy coincidence), curiously leaden ball physics and a running animation apparently borrowed from Jon Ritman's classic Match Day 2, you'd arrive at this PES 2009 demo.  It's not that it's bad, it's that PES is barely evolving.

Konami's take on Be A Pro looks interesting, but it's currently about the only thing that does.

Match Day 2, the game that consumed so much of my early childhood:

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-04-2008 at 1:55pm
LOL  Classic.

Post Reply Post Reply