Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: What was the name of that DSL?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat was the name of that DSL?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was the name of that DSL?
    Posted: 10-07-2008 at 10:24pm
Jason and Brent were talking about it.  I'm so sick of this lag.  I can't play NHL because I am always 1 to 5 seconds behind the play.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-08-2008 at 1:44am
I want to think Jason mentioned Verizon FiOS.  Pretty limited coverage area though, not even offered where I live. You can get some serious speed with FiOS if availabe but the big bandwith options seem limited to high competition areas (NY/NJ).

I recommend typing in you zip code at the url below to see all your options.

http://www.dslreports.com/search

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-08-2008 at 2:23am
Hmmm, that list isn't accurate for my zip.

I'll keep an eye on this FiOS.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-08-2008 at 6:34am
Yeah, it was FiOS I was talking about. Is cable not an option where you live Ted?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-08-2008 at 10:12am
No, cable isn't available everywhere on the island and we live in one of those spots.

I have a choice between Century Tel DSL (which we have) and Rock Island DSL, which uses Century Tel's equipment and is slower judging by customer claims.
 Post Reply Post Reply