Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: 2K Sports' MLB Front Office Manager
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2K Sports' MLB Front Office Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2K Sports' MLB Front Office Manager
    Posted: 10-09-2008 at 5:40pm
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/918/918125p1.html

MLB Front Office Manager, developed by Blue Castle Games and published by 2K Sports, is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available for Xbox 360, Windows PC, and PlayStation 3 system this winter.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Mike_S View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-10-2008 at 3:08pm
I sent an e-mail to my friends at Blue Castle to see what I can find out about this -- if I get anything interesting, I will post.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-10-2008 at 5:18pm
please do
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-10-2008 at 5:27pm
Definitely an interest here.  As a plug, the new OOTP game feels like the old OOTP games, and I played in several really fun historical and fantasy leagues.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-10-2008 at 6:33pm
If they did something similar to head coach 09 for baseball that would be fantastic.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-08-2008 at 5:22pm

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-24-2008 at 1:10pm
Screens

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-24-2008 at 1:12pm

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-30-2009 at 1:36am
This one arrived today.  Spent about 20 minutes with it then fell asleep (not because of the game, just was damn tired).

Anyway in 20 minutes two things leaped out at me.

1.  This appears to have a lot of depth, maybe on par with OOTP.  You not only GM your MLB team, but have AAA, AA, A advanced, Rookie, and A short season squads to manage.  All of the free agent and arbitration rules seem to be in effect including Super 2's.

2.  If it is indeed this deep and complex the menu system sucks for this game.  Games like this generally die on console because there is so much information and it is buried so deep in the menus that it is hard to play the game.  If they could just do an interface similar to the fantastic interface in EA's NFL Head Coach.

Those are my two biggest 20 minute impressions.  Teams were signing free agents left and right and I couldn't even find the screen to make offers.  I'm hoping with a fresh brain this will become a little more intuitive.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-30-2009 at 12:21pm
Keep the impressions coming, please!  I take it you got the 360 version.  I was more interested in the PC version, hoping for an easier time interfacing via the mouse and keyboard.  Although, it doesn't sound like the game has been optimized for the PC, and there are major video card issues. 

I'm doing my best to keep on the sidelines until all of the info is out about this one...

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>