Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Kinda cool I guess
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKinda cool I guess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinda cool I guess
    Posted: 10-09-2008 at 9:53pm
I just got accepted as an alpha/beta tester for Tilted Mill games.  Of course there are NDA's at work so I can't say what I'm working on, but I thought I'd ask any of you guys that have done this before how to be a good tester.  I know I'm supposed to try all kinds of stuff and catch bugs and balance issues and report. 

Any tips?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-09-2008 at 10:02pm
I was a beta tester for 'Test Drive Unlimited' for the PS2 and the best advice I can give you is to play the game as much as possible and report any problems, glitches or unexpected results you come across. I feel that putting in the time to really test out the game is the most important thing you can do.
Mike_S View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-10-2008 at 3:11pm
The best thing you can do is to pay a tremendous amount of attention to everything that you're doing and seeing in the game at all times -- when something goes wrong, you need to know everything you did recently to lead up to that point, so that you can make it happen again.

Most of the time: If you know the steps to make something bad happen, it's pretty easy to fix it.

Good luck!!

BTW, where is Tilted Mill located ?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-10-2008 at 5:42pm
Framingham, MA
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-28-2008 at 5:07pm
To any that are interested....the game I was alpha testing has gone open beta.  You can play here:

http://www.playnileonline.com/

It is a city/civilization builder with a completely player driven economy.  Still early in beta and they are still figuring some balance issues and finding small bugs.  It is browser based and it is a game designed to be logged in a played for a few minutes several times a day.

Anyway there it is if you are interested.

Post Reply Post Reply