Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Winning Eleven 10 (Now with Screens & Facts)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWinning Eleven 10 (Now with Screens & Facts)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winning Eleven 10 (Now with Screens & Facts)
    Posted: 03-10-2006 at 5:39pm
Found this at PESInsight

Rumours regarding the next installment of Winning Eleven are circling the web. These come courtesy of http://www.pcgames.com.cn/ and valvenis.

- New National Teams... Angola, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Pakistan, Thailand, Canada, Congo, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guinea, Iceland, Jamaica, Togo.
- All-star Teams... The all-star teams are back. World, European, World Classic and European Classic.
- 9 New Club Teams... The new club teams include Sao Paulo, and a side from Austrailia.
- Improved Online... 11 versus 11 mode as well as the ability to watch a game you are not playing in.
- Indoors... An indoor arena added to the game.
- Adidas Sponsered... New boots and balls officially licensed by Adidas.
- On The Touchline... Coaches and substitutes visible on the bench.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 5:44pm
Kind of hope they do some work on ML allowing for more leagues and a proper  or customizable amount of teams for each.

Good luck with 11 on 11 online. That is just a cluster**** waiting to happen. Come on who really wants to play as a Goalie or DBack a whole game?

Might as well rename that feature "ten men charging the net" defense be damned.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 7:22pm
Neat ideas.

I'm with you.  Make ML look more like the real life leagues with the correct number of teams.

11 on 11 will not happen by 10.  I'll take bets.  I don't even think it's a good idea until they can fit more real estate on the screen.  I'll be happy if we see 2 consoles versus 2 consoles online.  As it stands right now with the viewing area you can probably only play a somewhat organized game with 3 or 4 humans per side max.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Neat ideas.

I'm with you.  Make ML look more like the real life leagues with the correct number of teams.

11 on 11 will not happen by 10.  I'll take bets.  I don't even think it's a good idea until they can fit more real estate on the screen.  I'll be happy if we see 2 consoles versus 2 consoles online.  As it stands right now with the viewing are you can probably only play a somewhat organized game with 3 or 4 humans per side max.

The only way I could see it happening is with a limitaiton of ONLY ONE player per console. Then you do not have an issue with viewing. In theory it seems cool and especially if you did this from a (fixed/player cam) perspective. It would be interesting up until the whistle blows and soccer turns into one big destruction derby.

Most people have a hard time finding more then a couple people to play legit games online with. Now you have to find ten guys to make a team and hope the other 11 you play against are the same. Can you imagine trying to create a team and getting everyone to show up for a match? Managers at a Burger King have a better shot of getting all their employees to show up.

Certain games like basketball and hockey could work with complete teams because of the pacing (though I still believe it has to use the one player per console formula) with that many joining in and everyone getting to do something.  Football and baseball would be worse then soccer.  I hated playing on the O-Line in real life, now why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to play it a whole game online?

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 8:29pm
You know though 2 v 2 football is really run.  One guy is QB and the other HB and the catching WR or TE.  I've had plenty of good times with 2 man football on the consoles.  I hope that someday we can play 2 v 2 online with 4 consoles.  I think hockey and basketball would work well because there are only 5 players (nobody plays goalie in online hockey video games).  Rivals was great online 3 v 3, but degenerated in the pro game because so few had an understanding of the defenseman's responsibility along the blue line.   Baseball has a better chance of working than soccer just because you have very specific small areas to cover and don't have to constantly be moving with every play.

I just think 11 v 11 wouldn't translate that well.

Also the scheduling probs like you mention would leave a lot to be desired.

When are we going to get regular ability to play our offline seasons against online opponents?  Now there is something waiting to be tapped IMO.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 8:33pm

I like the idea of watching a game that you're not playing - especially when playing in an online league. This is an option I wanted since the 2004 line of sports games.

Ted, what football games offer 2 vs 2 gameplay online?

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

When are we going to get regular ability to play our offline seasons against online opponents?  Now there is something waiting to be tapped IMO.

When is the console world ever going to catch up the old PC Links series and let us have offline seasons and tourneys agianst other offline players?  Where you set the difficulty, time, etc and it spits out a code so that everyone is using the same settings. Then you play a season with it and it re-generates a code to update each week, etc. No need for the honor system if done properly (i.e. dos not allow restarts).

Sigh, I guess online is the future but there are still many out there who only play offline.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2006 at 9:48pm
Brent, The Links on Xbox had that feature too I think.  I played in some tourneys that way and it was great.

Jason,  none.  I was talking about sitting in the same room.  My friend Bob and I played a lot of coop of NCAA.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2006 at 4:07pm
One more thing I would like to see changed in ML (mind you this is the first year I have messed with ML). When your players get called up to play for the nationals that is fine. I just wish they would come back in one piece. I lost Reyna and my created player for two weeks and they will still need a couple weeks to recoup before I can play them again. It's like Bruce Arena sent them off to boot camp.

One more Q on Accumulated fatigue, do you ever play people when the second line is full? The stamina is okay but not full, the problem is Acc Fat is all the way to the right.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2006 at 4:36pm
I wish I understood more about the fatigue and accumulated fatigue system myself.  I normally rest my players if they don't have a full green bar, but sometimes I have to play them because their backup is blue or grey, there are too many good players that are going to miss the start, they are red hot and just started showing that fatigue, or the match is just too important for them to miss.

In Division 2 I'm typically having each starter miss one or two starts for the season this way.

I never noticed that in the national caps before.  I think my players have always come back rested and ready.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>