Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Winning Eleven 10 (Now with Screens & Facts)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWinning Eleven 10 (Now with Screens & Facts)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winning Eleven 10 (Now with Screens & Facts)
    Posted: 03-11-2006 at 4:54pm
I have moved up to Div 1 but recall having that problem with Div 2 when I was playing with Celtic. Guess it depends on how much they are going to play while they are away?

I am considering just going back to playing multiple leagues with different teams. I can eliminate the accumulated fatigue and still have to worry about subbing out players in poor form (the arrows). 

Never been a big franchise guy to begin with. Though I have spent more time in a dynasty with NCAA 06 then any game I ever have. Prefer playing a bunch of individual seasons with different teams.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2006 at 5:38pm
There's a lot to be said for that too.  One of the things I like so much about WE is that you can play seasons and lots of different tourneys to earn the different cups.  I love the celebration ceremonies/cut scenes in this series.  About the best there is for sports gaming.
Zeppo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zeppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2006 at 5:53pm
I'm pretty sure if the orange bar underneath is filled up, he will lose fatigue much faster.  As that meter gets full, he loses the green bar at a faster clip.  Plus, sometimes that green bar isn't full, depending on the player. 

In this year's WE, the 'away for duty' players do come back with more fatigue than previous versions, but I haven't had any injured.  That's a bummer, but 2 weeks isn't that long in an ML of several seasons.  I've had guys get hurt for 10 weeks.  That sucks.

I really, really love how the fatigue and the condition arrow stuff mixes things up over the course of a season.  I found it challenging to get a deep enough team to juggle all the cups and season games once up to Division 1 in WE8, and once I get there in this one, I bet it will be tougher with the tweaked fatigue.  Nothing is more boring to me than having the same team always start every game over a long season especially in a soccer game.  I don't get booked enough for that to have a factor, so it's all fatigue and condition arrow for me.

BTW Jared was mentioning to me that a lot of those WE10 rumors have been discredited, and 11 on 11 is not going to happen for a while.  But I could see them doing 2 on 2, or rooms of 6 Xboxes like Rivals did, maybe.  But they will have the teams that are actually in the WC in the game as well as more National teams, and more Club teams, and it comes out in like a month in Japan. 

And then we have to sit and wait for 10 months for them to deign to release it here.

Supposedly the J-League special version has it's ML set up with the real J-league and Korean league systems, full lower divions etc. 
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2006 at 6:03pm
Maybe they release it here in Feb because the MLS starts in Feb?  Maybe they figure there isn't enough interest here to release it before that?  Except there is no MLS in the game so that doesn't make sense, but I'll leave it on the table anyway.

I lost my best player for 7 weeks one time.  He came back for the final game of the season, but it turned what was a promising start into a dismal second season.  I was something like 2-2-0 before he got hurt and 3-6-5 at the end of the season.  Horrible.  Most of the injuries I see are 1 or 2 week affairs.
Zeppo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zeppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2006 at 9:57am
What seems to be the most likely reason behind the NA release date is that it is indeed a holdover from the short-lived MLS Extra Time game Konami put out back when they had the ESPN license and baseball, hoops, and even a football game I think.

When MLS Extra Time was the game, they released it in Feb. in the run up to the MLS season starting, so that just has to be the reason it's still released when it is.  I think it's the stupidest, most thick headed, short sighted, lazy, lack of any effort whatsoever mistake they could make, holding the NA release for so long.  They should put it out two weeks before the WC this year, or at the very, very latest, the same day they release it in Europe.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2006 at 1:08pm
Well I am going to keep plodding along in ML. I want to at least go through a season or two just to see how everything works. I can always play 5 minute games to speed through some matches.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2006 at 1:30pm
Found some more tidbits (Some are only related to the Japanese version)

-----------------------------

Information is trickling in for the new Winning Eleven. Here's what's known.

- Commentary by Jon Kabira, and Kitazawa, with new pitch reporting by Terutake Iwamoto.
- New International Challenge. 56 countries from 4 regions with 47 selectable teams. The goal is to become number 1 team in the world. Teams will be split into 8 groups with 4 teams each. Top two teams advance to playoffs. The qualification round rules will differ depending on the region.
- Japan Challenge will also be included.
- The game will be tweaked from the previous WE game and become more active and energetic.
- You will be able to score easier and the matches will be faster. The emphasis on strategy will remain to be a top priority still.
- More animations will be added. Over 10% more to be precise.
- Bayern Munich is now licensed as well as the Netherlands.
- It seems that you can turn off growth in master league now.
- New "easy setting" that will automatically set strategies for you.
- New "Mathieu's feint" and "V Feint". R2 slide dribble is back.
- New Random Selection Match.
- You can now do hurry up set plays with new quick restart by L1+R1.
- 4 new teams. Trinidad and Tobago, Angola, Ghana, and Togo.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2006 at 2:14pm
Anyone else think it sounds like they are dumbing it down?  I don't like that.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2006 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Anyone else think it sounds like they are dumbing it down?  I don't like that.

Keep in mind that this information is for the Japanese version of WE. They might only be tinkering with the difficulty for that region? The Japanese tend to love things easy when it comes to video games. Quite a few non-sports games that are released in the US and Japan have special (easier) difficulties for the Japanese version.

They could also be tinkering with the stars a little. I do think the gap from 2 stars to 3 stars is far too great for the novice, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

I have no problem with picking up the pace and more scoring. Looking at all my games in ML with only one score matches and a bunch of draws, I really have no issue with more scoring from both sides. Especially when you factor in I am playing 20 minute matches. Embarrassed 

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2006 at 12:17pm
Removed Screens. They are on page 3, click on them to enlarge (some are actual size).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>