Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN NCAA Football League
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN NCAA Football League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN NCAA Football League
    Posted: 01-12-2009 at 8:53am
I'm fine with 6 minute quarters and All-American difficulty.  I thought we were doing a home and away game for everyone in the league (six games total)?  Four total is fine by me, just not sure how it would work. 

Will there be a two round playoff since there is four of us? 
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-12-2009 at 2:37pm
Jared, it would 4 total per player for a total of 12 games for the league. You'd play me, Brent and Grambo 4 times each (2 home and 2 away).

I think we should do a 2-round playoff. 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. The winners play for the title.

Okay, so we'll go with 6 minute quarters on All-America with Home Field On.

Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-12-2009 at 3:11pm
Just one last suggestion for the playoffs, to make the regular season mean something.  Why not have only the top three make it.  2 v 3 in first round, winner gets #1 in final.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-12-2009 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Just one last suggestion for the playoffs, to make the regular season mean something.  Why not have only the top three make it.  2 v 3 in first round, winner gets #1 in final.

I'm fine with that. What about everyone else?
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-12-2009 at 3:43pm
I suggest it and I am probably going to be the one in last place.  The only reason I do so is that it why I stopped following hockey for awhile - at one point they had 21 teams and 16 of them made the playoffs ...... got kinda boring for awhile.  One other thing we could do is to award the person who loses the first playoff match to play a consolation game against the fourth place finisher.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-12-2009 at 4:50pm
I am good with any setup. When I end up in first place it does not matter how I got there. Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2009 at 9:32am
Is the schedule going to be setup to play our games in any specific order, or is it going to be relaxed as long as everyone is making effort to play at least one game a week.

If we are going relaxed, I'm available for a game Wednesday night or Sunday evening. 
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2009 at 9:34am
No order will be required for the games. I'm actually building the league and entering all the games right now. I'll have a link for it in about 30 minutes.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2009 at 9:45am
League Site is up and the schedule is entered. Feel free to start scheduling and playing your games in ANY order.

SGN NCAA Football League

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2009 at 9:56am
I can play tonight at 10pm ET if anyone's around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>