Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: FlatOut week of 3-30!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFlatOut week of 3-30!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FlatOut week of 3-30!
    Posted: 03-19-2009 at 10:05pm
I'm there. All alone. I can't wreck if wrecking is without you-oo-oo.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2009 at 11:59pm
I'm really sorry guys.  I fell asleep this afternoon a didn't wake up until 10 pm local.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 6:11am
Sorry I didn't make it last night. I had to leave early for work today and went to bed early.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 12:05pm
I ended up with a kid in the ER. :(

That's BOTH of my kids with pneumonia now.  Unbelievably bad stuff going around at my kid's school.  :( :(
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 2:21pm
Man Derek...........I hope they're ok.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 3:02pm
Sorry to hear that. My son's had pneumonia twice and was hospitalized on of those times. Hope they get better soon.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 3:54pm
Thanks, guys.  I guess pediatric pneumonia is not as rare as I thought, and usually not as dangerous in kids as it is in adults, but it's still nothing to mess around with. 

Thankfully, the IV antibiotics they gave him seemed to do the trick, as he was already much more with it when he got home at 3:30 AM than he was when we brought him in around 10:15 or so.

My older boy (who was diagnosed with it last week) is already doing better, so it looks like they'll both be okay soon.  I guess once you get this, though, you are more prone to getting it again.  Since your son has had it twice, I guess you have kinda found that to be the case too, Jason? That stinks.  Do you take any special precautions now or anything?

The school nurse had seen a few cases of this already this year, easily the worst she had ever seen.

Crazy.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 4:11pm
D, I had pneumonia when I was 11 and subsequently have had twice as an adult (1992 and 2002) so maybe it is true that you are more susceptible to it once you have had.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 4:20pm

Nether my wife nor I have had it, but her brother did twice when he was younger. 

Were you hospitalized with it at all, Ted?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 5:27pm
No, but I was real close the second time.  Coughing blood and really had a hard time breathing.  Might have been kept in a hospital if I had gone to an ER, but I went to a clinic in a "poor" part of town and they kind of scolded me and sent me home with antibiotics.  I just remember being barely able to walk I was so short of breath.

My sister also had pneumonia when she was 8 and was hospitalized, but she hasn't gotten it since.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>