Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2K9 Impressions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2K9 Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2K9 Impressions
    Posted: 03-09-2009 at 8:57pm
I played the Show 09 on the PS2 tonight.  It's really not much different than last year (I'm all the way through Spring Training, and on the AA squad), except now you can choose to be drafted instead of picking a team, which is pretty cool.  I got picked by the Tigers, and I'm a setup man in AA (I made myself a closer, but haven't earned it yet, I guess).

I had a rough start in Spring, giving up 4 hits and 2 runs in 1 inning - blowing the save.  I ended up saving my last 5 in a row, though, and getting a few other outs here and there, but the manager didn't let me finish a couple of games.  I must've been on a short leash, LOL.  I finished Spring with about a 3.60 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP, and I was pretty proud of myself.  In 6 innings I walked 2 and struck out none.

In my first AA outing, I came in middle relief with mysquad down 4-1.  I lasted 1.2 IP, giving up 1 ER on 2 Hits.  I did get my first "professional" strikeout, though, and had to fist-pump.  The only issue I have right now is that my first set of "Advance Goals" give me 3 weeks to raise some numbers, but I've only pitched that one outing in the first week.  It could be tough to get opportunities, but it's still early.

Time melts away when I play this game, and it moves pretty fast when jumping to your appearances.  Just like last year, it's top notch, with some minor improvements from the previous iteration.  At $29.99, it's worth every penny and more, even on the PS2!

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2009 at 8:40pm
Picked up my copy today.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2009 at 9:24pm
Smile
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2009 at 2:28am
Actually the best part was the final score.

Pittsburgh - 3
Yankees - 1

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2009 at 12:07am
Brent and I played an online game tonight and it was surprisingly lag-free. Pitching and fielding were perfect and there was only a very slight delay swinging the bat. The best part is that you can use custom sliders for online games and change any gameplay setting. 
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2009 at 10:47pm
If you are staying up let me know if you want to play.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2009 at 10:34pm
Kevin, I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion of the PS2 version of The Show 09.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2009 at 10:27pm
I ended up getting MLB the Show 09 for the PS2 tonight.  I had MLB 2K8 in my hands, but decided against it, for now.  I'm still in a holding pattern for MLB 2K9, but I'm really doubting that I'll take the plunge, unless significant work is done on it via a patch or two.

I still have MLB FOM, and I'm enjoying that - for now (I did have a couple of freeze-ups, ironically).  I should be able to get my baseball fix from what I have, plus maybe 2K8.  Time will tell...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2009 at 9:39pm
No biggie, we can try again tomorrow or next week. I need a few days to get accustomed to it.

P.S.  Sell 2K8 and get the college hoops game.   Going back and forth between 2k8 and 2k9 will drive you nuts.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2009 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Brent

Going to pick my copy up here in a few. Jason you want to try out online tonight?

Let me see what time my wife goes to bed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>