Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2K9 Patch #2 Announced
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2K9 Patch #2 Announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2K9 Patch #2 Announced
    Posted: 03-11-2009 at 12:58pm
From the 2K Sports Forum:

Hey all,
To confirm what many of you have suspected by my other postings, we are going to have a second update be released in the coming weeks and a first one on PC that will encompass the day one update that was released on the consoles. There is no set date but I hope to have a better idea of when that will be late next week. The patch will address many issues, but most notably the AI batting aggression and the ease of home runs in online mode and certain difficulties. Those are the only ones I can confirm at this time. Thanks to those who posted in the Patch Fix List, I will be closing that list now. Please let me know if you have questions about the patch and I will do my best to answer them.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-13-2009 at 1:18pm
Keep us posted on the patch and the corresponding results.  2K9 is still on my radar, but it's fading away pretty fast...

Thanks,

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-20-2009 at 5:10pm
Some more info was posted on the 2K forums today (more issues are supposedly being worked on too):
  • AI Aggressiveness
  • Home Run Totals
  • Fly balls in the outfield tweaked so ghastly fielding errors will be a thing of the past
  • 1st baseman stepping off bag has been tweaked
  • Issues with the pitch overlay hud
  • Fixed pickoffs, especially to 2nd base
  • Roster issues as it pertains to substituting pitchers and bench
I'm happy to see the AI aggressiveness and outfield play fixed. This game will get a lot of playtime from me now.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2009 at 9:30am
There was talk, over at OS, of the game playing better with the latest Living Roster updates and I'm starting to believe that too. I haven't had any outfielder "issues" in quite a few games now and home runs seem to be down drastically. I have only seen the "first baseman stepping off bag" issue once in all of my games and it was probably related to a bad throw.

Finally, I may just be getting used to the game, but it seems like there is much less slowdown now. I have to admit that I'm really enjoying MLB 2K9 and think it will only get better after the patch is released.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2009 at 3:31pm
The living rosters things was a really clever way of fixing things around the 2 patch limit that MS has. Kudos to the 2k team for that. I recall they fixed the batting helmet color of the Cardinals, which were incorrect after the first living roster was released. They apparently can tweak around the spectrum with this.

From what I have seen the 1st basemen off the bag thing has to do with using the buttons to throw. I use the R-Stick and have not had it happen once.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2009 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Brent

From what I have seen the 1st basemen off the bag thing has to do with using the buttons to throw. I use the R-Stick and have not had it happen once.

I've heard people complain about it happening with the R-stick too, but haven't seen it myself except on bad throws.

Brent, do you think they're making gameplay fixes with the roster updates? I'm beginning to think they are and wonder how much they can really do through the roster updates.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2009 at 9:04pm
What looks like a roster update could be anything.  What I imagine is something similar to the sliders that we can tweak. When doing an update they could be tweaking their own hidden sliders, we have no access to.  Thus changing how the game plays on the users default settings. Same thing with other aspects of the game.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2009 at 9:05pm
Update

Hey guys,
Back from the UK today and happy to be releasing patch notes. The PS3 dropped today, the 360 will be released by MS, I hope to have exact confirmation on a time/date in a bit.
"A noticeable reduction in amount of fly balls missed by outfielders (both the target and slowing down before a fly ball is caught have been fixed).
Tuned overall slider values to get a better stand alone game, based on community suggestions
Turned down Home Runs, should see dramatic improvement in amount of home runs hit during game play.
AI aggressiveness tweaked – AI will take more balls
Throwing in the “Red” was way harder than the best “Green” spot so maximum strength lowered in the red
In-game crash resolved when not opening the Pitch Overlay hud and then bringing in another pitcher. Will resolve late inning crashes.
Added variety so that all fielders arm strength isn’t so similar. Now the better arm strength fielders will make a difference.
Fixed the bug that was causing the catcher to disappear when switched with a DH.
There was another bug fixed when substituting the catcher and the DH that would cause the umpire to throw the ball backwards.
Added more variety in pitching by making the gesture be a little harder to nail down “perfectly”
Fixed a bug where the base runner would JOG home (Sacrifice fly and ground balls)
Tweaked the issue where the 1st baseman’s foot would come off the bag too easily resulting in a lot of infield hits that should have been routine outs.
Pitchers will now walk off the mound after the 3rd strikeout in an inning.
Tuned numbers to fix the fact that pickoffs were too easy, especially at second base.
Increased the delivery speed of the animations from the stretch to improve throwing out the AI when they attempted to steal.
Pitcher rotation bug fixed where users in leagues would have their first bench player put in as their starting pitcher. They could adjust the starting pitcher but never get their bench player back to their line up. This would eventually lead to a crash.
The user was unable to send a trade when having nine pitchers or eleven hitters on their roster in a fantasy draft league online. That has been resolved
Online - Menu - The Winning/Losing Streak will now populate correctly when viewing the Card Battle Leader boards.
League settings changes now will take affect immediately.
Audio settings get reset when going online.

There are a lot of other things, including some franchise stuff, but they are more minor and countless. I am sure you'll come across them, but these are the major updates."

- Ronnie

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2009 at 9:13pm
Wow - I can't wait for this patch. I'm really enjoying the game now and they fixed all of my complaints, with the outfield play being the biggest to me. The slowdown in outfield play was a pleasant surprise to see on the list of things fixed.

What's going on with the PS3 getting patches before 360 owners? The same thing happened with the last NHL 09 patch.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2009 at 5:42am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Wow - I can't wait for this patch. I'm really enjoying the game now and they fixed all of my complaints, with the outfield play being the biggest to me. The slowdown in outfield play was a pleasant surprise to see on the list of things fixed.

What's going on with the PS3 getting patches before 360 owners? The same thing happened with the last NHL 09 patch.

Patches for 360 must be submitted to Microsoft for approval,and that process always takes longer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>