Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Virtua Tennis 2009: Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVirtua Tennis 2009: Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtua Tennis 2009: Media & Info
    Posted: 08-04-2009 at 2:05pm
Say goodbye VT. This is the buggiest POS I have played in a long time.  My character is stuck at 146 (a know glitch) all the tourneys are too short and easy. I guess I will have to wait for the next tennis game.

Edit forgot the most annoying issue.  Multiple Replays after every single shot and you have to tap like crazy just to get to the next point.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2009 at 4:11pm
Damn you Amazon for the little discounts off retail and letting a new customer try Prime for free.  Will have TW10 and VT2010 sometime tomorrow.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2009 at 3:42pm
And in a Brent like change of mind... I am passing on it. I watched a bunch of youtube gameplay videos and it just did not do anything for me. I might just pick up a copy of TS3 to hold me over until TS4, Smash Court or Grand Slam Tennis.

Edit: Who am I kidding, once I go to a store to pick up FNR4 and Tiger Woods I will end up picking this up. Embarrassed

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2009 at 9:07pm
My copy showed up today and I got a chance to play a few games. The graphics (especially the courts and crowds) have been improved. The gameplay is almost identical to VT3 except that they eliminated the over-used diving returns and refined the gameplay a bit. I found the net game to be somewhat improved from VT3 - I found overhand smashes and drop-shots are easier to pull off now.

Well worth it if you like arcade tennis and you're fan of the series, but not much of an improvement over VT3. I'm anxious to see how the online play is. Also, there was an update for the game already - I'm not sure what it addressed though.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Brent

I will have to start ordering my games online or driving 45 miles in any of three different directions to the closest Walmart, Gamestop, etc.

Only now, reading that and wondering why you wouldn't go for the drive every time, does it dawn on me that I must have some kind of sickness.  I'm off outside in a minute to give my Ford a hug.

Looking forward to some impressions - I'm interested in this one but have found the series progressively less enjoyable since the first incarnation.  I know I'm wrong, but there it is.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2009 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Brent

Wow that was almost Brent-like in you change of mind.

I honestly thought the same thing when I bought it. I had been reading some of the early reviews and saw that I could sell my older copy for $10. My wife also didn't mind me buying it.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2009 at 6:18pm
Wow that was almost Brent-like in you change of mind.

Anyway here are some reviews of the game.  Reviews mean little to me with VT as it has always provided me hours upon hours of joy.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/143/14320739/

Most are positive.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2009 at 6:06pm
LOL  Two posts 8 hours apart.  Nothing to indicate what pushed you over the edge.  You're out of control.  Wink
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2009 at 6:04pm
I ordered it from Amazon.com today and listed my copy of Virtua Tennis 3 for sale there too.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2009 at 10:08am
Now I'm on the fence with this game. It's $50 and I'm wondering if there's enough improvement over VT3 to justify buying it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>