Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Virtua Tennis 2009: Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVirtua Tennis 2009: Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtua Tennis 2009: Media & Info
    Posted: 03-12-2009 at 7:39pm
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=59535

Virtua Tennis 2009 will again allow you to take on the world’s top tennis players in some of the most realistic courts to be found on gaming consoles. Take on the likes of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer or play as Maria Sharapova against Venus Williams to recreate some classic court battles.

Virtua Tennis 2009 will again allow you to take on the world’s top tennis players in some of the most realistic courts to be found on gaming consoles. Take on the likes of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer or play as Maria Sharapova against Venus Williams to recreate some classic court battles. Joining this impressive roster of tennis stars are several new players for 2009, including men’s World No.4 Andy Murray and ladies French Open champion Ana Ivanovic. In addition to the traditional singles, doubles and mixed doubles matches, Virtua Tennis 2009 will also have the official Davis Cup license, giving players the coveted opportunity to lead their country to glory!

Virtua Tennis 2009 has extensive additions and detailed improvements to the classic arcade-style match engine like no other tennis game available. Player stumbling adds a new dimension to matches, while improved volleying, serving and net play allow you to express yourself on court like never before. In addition, the popular World Tour Mode has been given innovative new features offering a fully integrated online system, and new online ranking system available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Along with numerous other additions the Player Creation System in World Tour Mode has also been expanded, and a new look Tennis Store containing over 800 items will enable players to create their own unique Virtua Tennis Champion!

“The return of Virtua Tennis promises to be a real treat for both fans of the series and sports game fans everywhere” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director for SEGA Europe. “The tennis season is shaping up to be the most exciting in years, and with new players, courts, an Online Tour and extensive on-court updates – Virtua Tennis 2009 is sure to maintain its spot as the standard by which all tennis games are judged.”

Finally, no Virtua Tennis game would be complete without the ever popular Court Games and Virtua Tennis 2009 doesn’t disappoint! Fan favorites will be returning alongside each other in completely new minigames, ensuring the tradition is carried on into this new iteration of the series. But look out for crocodiles, fruit and pirates in Virtua Tennis 2009’s collection of unique Court Games, available to play as single player, multiplayer and online, and sure to have players coming back for more!

Virtua Tennis 2009 is due for release on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC (downloadable) in May 2009.

The Davis Cup is a very nice addition to the game. Also nice to see it coming out so soon (May).

More info from

http://www.sega.com/games/virtua-tennis-2009

Virtua Tennis 2009

The world’s top tennis stars are hitting the courts again as SEGA’s best-selling tennis series smashes back into action on PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® and PC – Virtua Tennis 2009 will be available in this summer.

Create your own player and join the new World Tour where you will be trained by a real-life legend of tennis to compete for the #1 ranking against the biggest stars. Then take your character online and prove you’re the best with the new online ranking system! With brand new courts, a new roll call of tennis stars to compete against and even more court mini-games, Virtua Tennis 2009 is set to be the #1 tennis title once again!

Key Features:

• New World Tour & Online Rankings - Take your career online and compete for the ultimate title of ‘Virtua Tennis Champion’ with the new PLAYSTATION 3 system and Xbox 360 online ranking system. With prize money you earn in online tournaments, you can purchase over 800 shop items in the new Tennis Store and upgrade your character.

• New Players / Courts – Play as or against over 20 of the world’s top players, including seven new to Virtua Tennis and three legends. All-new arenas and the officially licensed Davis Cup provide the most realistic tennis competition to date.

• New Player Creation System – You now have full control over facial, body and clothing customization, as well as the depth to populate the game world with hundreds of unknown opponents.

• More Court Games – Playing alone or with up to three friends compete in 12 mini-games, five completely new, and upload your hi-scores on the worldwide rankings in games such as Zoo Feeder and Pirate War.

• Improved Gameplay – Courtside action is better than ever, with extensive updates to the famous arcade-style Virtua Tennis match engine, as well as 3D crowds and a more realistic courtside experience.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2009 at 7:39pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-13-2009 at 8:15am
I'm looking forward to this one. I still enjoy Virtua Tennis 3 and I'm anxious to see how they improve the gameplay.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2009 at 11:37pm

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-26-2009 at 9:58pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-21-2009 at 11:03am
Is this on anybody else's radar? This will most likely be a release day purchase for me.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2009 at 5:51pm
I guess there's not going to be a demo released before the game comes out Confused.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2009 at 6:03pm
Looks like there wont be.  We are just about to start cutting wheat (week or so) so I am going to pick it and Tiger Woods 10 up after we are done.  Hot Shots Golf and MLB will keep me busy until then.

Just an FYI, once we leave to start cutting, I will permanently be moving to Perryton.  I will have to start ordering my games online or driving 45 miles in any of three different directions to the closest Walmart, Gamestop, etc.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2009 at 6:46pm
Good luck with the move. I think you'll be fine ordering online from Amazon.com - they have a huge selection, free shipping and no tax. It'll be good for you to be away from a brick and mortar Gamestop store.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2009 at 9:07pm
Only problem with Amazon is they can be a little wonky when shipping new release games.  Not that it really matters for me that much anymore. Heck, I plan to pick up TW10 and VT 2009 when FNR4 comes out (which is right around the end of wheat harvest).

I have really changed my gaming priorities. Have fun, stay offline because I really never enjoyed playing online, outside some of our hookups. Going back to running franchises and keeping that kind of stuff posted.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>