Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Flatout 4/8
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFlatout 4/8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatout 4/8
    Posted: 04-09-2009 at 10:59pm
We had a good nite with a few randoms thrown into our mix.  A game mode got suggested that I ended up really liking and I wondered what you guys (Adam, Seth) thought about it.

For Web, Jason, Grambo, and Scoop we raced a series of races where we were all in the little Chilis and the last place finish had to then drive a Semi Truck and his job is to try take out the Chilis.  Every race the last place guy goes into a Semi so after 2 races you have 2 Semis on the track.  After 3 you have three, etc.

After there were more Semis on the track than Chilis it just became a who can survive the longest type of deal with no Chili able to finish a full race. 

I thought this was great fun until there were just three or four Chilis left.  I though maybe we could just have the last two finishers take the Semis and then the next race the last two take Semis so you only ever have two Semis on the track.  It is scary as hell when those trucks come roaring up behind you trying to kill you.  Seth said it best when he said "It has a real Road Warrior feel to it."

So was this mode just as fun to you two, Adam and Seth?

Looking forward to next week.  There are probably a ton of ways to keep this title fresh.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-09-2009 at 10:59pm
Bah. Wireless internet decided that its true calling lay elsewhere just after Jake brought my heroic last stand in the canyon to an end ("Don't know if you can see three of 'em bearing down on ya"...I saw, Ted. In muted cyberspace no-one can hear you scream). The reason I was so far behind in the motorpark race Jake got me on just before that was my pad switching itself off repeatedly with fading batteries, and I probably gained through that so sorry about that.

I don't think I've ever had so much fun getting beaten to a twisted burnt hulk of metal.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-09-2009 at 11:07pm
Ted, to answer your post just before mine, I thought it was brilliant. I was quite looking forward to being one of two remaining Chilis until my router froze up, but I know you didn't get past turn one when we were on the front row with trucks behind in my last race and it was only luck that saved me from the same fate so I take your point. All the same, I'd gladly play that way every day.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2009 at 12:45am
I thought it was still fun all the way through, but I felt it was most fun with two trucks and 6 chilis.  Something about that combo seemed like the sweet spot.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2009 at 6:57am
Yeah, I loved it... would agree that there's a sweet spot for trucks-to-chilis, so I'm definitely up for some kind of structure that caps them.

A very lucky night for randoms, I must say.  Maybe the game just attracts decent people!
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2009 at 7:50am
Sorry I missed it.  :( Still awfully sick..
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2009 at 10:12am
Hope you feel better, Derek.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2009 at 10:58am
Sorry guys. I finished up my work around 11:15pm and figured you'd be almost done racing. I was worn out by then too. I'm glad you have some new things to try though.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2009 at 5:27pm
Oh you are gonna like the Chili Stomp, be sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12