Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Virtual Baseball Season/Franchise Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVirtual Baseball Season/Franchise Updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual Baseball Season/Franchise Updates
    Posted: 04-29-2009 at 8:59am
Wow Mike that is intense.  Awesome.

As for Diamond Mind, manage only stuff gives me no charge at all.  But it's good to have a reference that I can drop into my wishlists for the Show devs over at OS.
Mike_S View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-29-2009 at 4:02pm
As for the player rosters updating: I'm a little surprised this isn't a regular feature on all games, but the potential hassle I could see is with licensing issues.  When we did final rosters on High Heat, the approvals we needed from MLB and MLBPA were both painful.  I'm not sure either of those entities would care enough about "better user experience" to loosen their approval process, though I'm sure if a publisher would show them more sales/money they'd be willing to do it.

As for my season: Some more terrible results last night.  KC unexpectedly hit 4 HR off of Adam Eaton for an 8-5 win, Brad Penny (my 5th starter) walked the bases loaded to start off the 5th inning after which Toronto blew it open, and Toronto then outlasted us in a 14-inning marathon when we just couldn't get the key hit and get the winning run home.  We're now 2-8 on the year, mostly due to terrible hitting (.220 or so as a team through ten games as opposed to .265-ish last season -- on the same settings, with almost all the same players), and have lost 4 out of the 5 1-run and 2-run games we've played.  I can't explain why it's so much fun despite all the losses, but it is.  Probably won't get another chance to play 'til the weekend, but who knows.  Fingers still crossed that we can get hot and get back into the race.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-29-2009 at 6:51pm
I downloaded the new patch for The Show.  Now I have no post-game highlights, and if I go into the replay vault, none exist past the 6th inning, and if you view the ones prior, there are no players on the field.  Well done!  Apparently this is a common thing, but I figured I was just seeing the reports of outliers at O.S., so went ahead and downloaded anyway.  Still plays fine, so I'm okay with things for the time being.  Had a great game, a 7-4 win over the Brewers to improve our record to 5-7.  David Wright is leading the team with 15 RBI'S... so, not realistic.  Ah, but Oliver Perez's ERA is over 9.00, so yes, quite realistic.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-30-2009 at 2:23pm
My end of game highlights are gone too. :(

Any dev word on how long it will take to fix?
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-30-2009 at 2:24pm
No word yet.  My highlights were back in the second game I played post-patch.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-01-2009 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Slumberland

No word yet.  My highlights were back in the second game I played post-patch.

I played three games since the patch, had end of game highlights in the second, but not the first or third. Ouch
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-02-2009 at 1:20am
Took two out of three against the Brewers and then the Cardinals (after dropping the first game of each series) to get my virtual Mets back to .500.  Oliver Perez finally has a good outing in game two of the series against the Cards, but we still needed a 9th inning comeback to win it.  Game three saw a nice offensive effort from the club and yeoman's work by Livan Hernandez.  Some highlights of game three, with a two rare dingers on the day:

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-02-2009 at 11:17am
The Mariners go to 15-11 with a 5-1 victory over Texas in game 1 of a 2-game series.  We got out of the gate well, scoring 4 runs in the first 3 innings.  Felix Hernandez was outstanding over 8 innings giving up just 3 hits and 1 run while striking out 9 and walking 1, improving his record to 2-3.  We had 14 hits lead by Beltre's 4 for 4 performance.  Kevin Millwood struggled most of the game and seemed to be leaving a lot of pitches up in the zone which led to a game high 4 doubles hit by Mariner batters.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-03-2009 at 11:41am
This doesn't really belowng here since I still haven't started my season 'for real,' but I dropped down to All-Star level and played the first four games of a season with the Yankees, and went 0-4 agaionst the Orioles and Royals, giving up 6 runs per game. Dead

Apparently, I've simply forgotten how to play baseball games!

(On another note, easily much more solid contact exhibited on AS level vs HOF, for both the CPU and me)
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-03-2009 at 8:11pm
I feel your pain.  I just got swept by the Nationals at home.  Sometimes I don't know what the game wants me to do at the plate.  Nothing works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>