Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Forza 3 Demo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedForza 3 Demo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forza 3 Demo
    Posted: 09-25-2009 at 6:52am
Downloaded it last night and was pretty impressed. The graphics are awesome and actions is smooth. I like that you can make it more arcadey or sim-like, depending on your preferences.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-26-2009 at 5:25am
Not going fast enough to form any other impressions, eh? Wink

It's very good, I agree.  The game world seems to have a little bit of a plastic sheen to it but looks great all the same, the handling is convincing and predictable (you see that, Shift?), the AI seem a bit less braindead than usual and, though I seem to be in the minority, I really like the demo track.  It's a nice technical challenge, although it's a strange one to select given Turn 10's desire to attract more of the casual racing crowd this time.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-26-2009 at 8:12am
I like the demo track and didn't find it too hard either. I can't believe this, but I'm strongly considering buying Forza 3 based on the demo.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2009 at 11:09am
I always like Forza more for hotlapping rather than racing, and I felt the same after playing the demo.  
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-07-2009 at 6:05pm

Launch Day Add-ons Revealed

Forza Motorsport 3 unites the racing game genre, making it possible for everyone to experience the thrill of the world’s most exotic and exquisite cars. Live the most realistic racing experience ever as you take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe.

"Forza Motorsport 3" unites the racing game genre, making it possible for everyone to experience the thrill of the world’s most exotic and exquisite cars. Live the most realistic racing experience ever as you take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. With breathtaking high-definition graphics and the most advanced vehicle performance modeling in a video game, "Forza Motorsport 3" includes a host of driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels.

Your escape into the world of car culture in "Forza Motorsport 3" doesn’t stop at the track. Turn 10 is a proven leader in user-generated content creation in games. "Forza Motorsport 3" further fuels the imaginations of its already thriving community of painters, tuners and photographers with improved customization tools and brand-new ways to share creations with the world via Xbox LIVE. Xbox LIVE makes your journey into the "Forza Motorsport" community and the world of user-generated content easy and fun.

The Motorsports Legends Car Pack gives players another great reason to be excited about picking up “Forza Motorsport 3” on launch day, delivering 10 classic race cars and roadsters, on top of two extra tracks: the brand new Benchmark High Speed Ring and the returning circuit Sidewinder Proving Grounds. On Oct. 27, this pack will be exclusively available via a one-time-use token card included in every new copy of “Forza Motorsport 3.”

The Benchmark High Speed Ring is best described as an old airfield and hangar converted into a race track and automotive playground, perfect for all manner of creative “Forza Motorsport” hoonage and multiplayer mayhem. The track is characterized by 3.96 miles of rough surfaces and huge open areas, featuring a massive oval, an 8-lane drag strip, and an airplane hangar that players can drive (or drift) through.

The free Motorsports Legends Car Pack includes these 10 cars hand picked by Turn 10:

1. ’65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA
  2. ’64 Aston Martin DB5 Vantage
  3. ’81 BMW M1
  4. ’60 Chevrolet Corvette
  5. ’69 Dodge Charger
  6. ’57 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  7. ’80 Fiat 131 Abarth
  8. ’67 Lamborghini Miura P400
  9. ’71 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
  10. ’65 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-08-2009 at 6:30am
IGN has posted their review: Forza 3 Review

Closing Comments

Forza Motorsport 3 is an exemplary racing game. It's beautiful, the controls are spot-on, the career mode is satisfying, and the multiplayer component is awesome. But there's still room to grow. The visuals could be even better, the career mode sags at times, and there needs to be at least one more option for AI difficulty. Even with those concerns, Forza 3 is a big step forward for sim racing games. Turn 10 has thrown down the gauntlet and it will be a real challenge for Polyphony Digital to deliver a superior racer with Gran Turismo 5. After all, this is the best racing game of this generation. Good luck topping it.

9.4 Overall
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-08-2009 at 1:36pm
Team Xbox liked it too: Forza review
 Post Reply Post Reply