Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
    Posted: 12-03-2010 at 1:05am
Great game when it came out but after trying the demo a few weeks ago it felt really dated.  I would take NCAA 10 over CH2K8. if not for the game freezes. Stuck in NBAville until someone wakes up and makes a new college game.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-02-2010 at 8:08pm
The only college basketball game I played on the PS2 was March Madness 2005. I mostly played NBA 2K2, 2K3, 2K4 and 2K5 on the PS2, but I lost interest in the series once 2K6 had come out due to the Iso-motion controls.

College Hoops 2K8 on the next-gen consoles has a pretty loyal following from what I've seen. Most people still consider it to be one of the best basketball games this generation. I never really heard anything about the PS2 version, but I doubt that they introduced anything innovative in a sports game that late in the PS2's life cycle.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-02-2010 at 7:07pm
I never played a college basketball game until this generation, Mike.  Jason probably has an answer for you though.
Mike_S View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-02-2010 at 6:02pm
Did any of you like College Hoops 2K8 ?  It's getting some love on OperationSports, but the reviews on other sites aren't so great.

Further, did any of you happen to play it on the PS2 ?

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-11-2010 at 11:38pm
NIT win over Coastal Carolina  78-65.  Game was never close but CC was able to keep us from going on a big run and blowing it out.

Larry Bird  43 points  3 rebounds  1 block  1 steal

ISU 1-1  Next Game: Colorado St @ home

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:48pm
Sorry about that, Brent.  I deleted a few pm's and made room, but also just sent it to your email posted here.

Ignore what he says at the top of the text about the roster file.  I just use default rosters and the sliders work fine.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:29pm
Tried to send PM and got

Error Error Your Private Message "Email addy", has not been sent!

TedSGN has exceeded the maximum number of Private Messages they are allowed to receive.

I do not care if people have my e-mail address.  I get plenty of spam already.  Send to:  brentmdoughty@gmail.com

Thanks,

Brent

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:26pm
I will send you a PM.  Going with 15 minutes and All-Conference and will look at tweaking after a few games.

I decided to start a different kind of dynasty (a 4 year dynasty with the return of Larry Bird at Indiana State). I turned off going pro in the options because he would be bound for the NBA early and I did not want that.  I edited one of the existing freshmen and made what looks almost like a young Larry Bird, Down to the long socks and goofy hair.  He is rated around a 85 with a premium on shooting and passing.  A solid Defender and good rebounder with the jumping skills of a 500 pound sumo wrestler (I made him the lowest dunking rating 10 out of 100).  Though due to his size he did make a dunk in the first game.

So we begin the dynasty journey with Larry Bird and the Indiana St sycamores taking on the Missouri Valley Conference. We are an up-tempo team with three skilled 3-point shooters.

Season One 

Game one   Opening Round   Indiana State (11 seed) - LSU  (6 seed) (played at Arizona State)

Bird starts the first half on fire and the rest of the team is cold. Down most of the first half ISU keeps it close and finds themselves down by a point at the half.  As things heat up in the second half the LSU coach realizes that Larry Bird has been re-created and proceeds to double and on a couple occasions triple teaming Bird, leaving plenty of open shots for the rest of the team.  Bird hits a three pointer to tie the game with under a minute left.  LSU scores as they driain the shot clock. With 14 seconds left the PG takes the ball down the court and makes and awkward layup as time expires, 80-80 and we head to overtime.  In overtime ISU is outclassed and LSU hits all but one free throw to take the victory as three ISU players foul out of the game.

Final Score   LSU 97   ISU  95  OT

Bird 51 points  16 Rebounds  3 steals  1 block

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 8:52pm
Brent, I'm using sliders I found on OS right after release and don't remember their name, but I have them on my PC in a text file and can send it to you if you PM me your email. 

I've been happy with them right from the go and the only thing I do is play 20 minute halves instead of 18 like the file says.  I like the amount of fouls and except for occasional weird looking charging calls I like the way the fouls look.  I do not know much about BB so I don't know if the stats my players are accumulating are realistic or not, but they seem believable.   The games are balanced, have good momentum, ebb and flow, and are emotional.  And I have an attachment to my players.  That's all I ask for in a sports game anymore for the most part.

I'm happy to send them if you tell me where.  I'd post them here, but I'm having trouble with the site taking long posts.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 7:44pm
Ted, I might have missed it but what settings are you using?  I was thinking about going 12 minutes, not touching the sliders and all-conference.  I am still trying to figure out who to play with but it will be from a mid-major conference on the East Coast.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>