Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
    Posted: 11-19-2009 at 10:59am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Brent, I'm really enjoying this one so far. I'm not sure why some people thought all the players felt and played the same because I'm not seeing that at all. The presentation and crowd interactions are both great and the graphics are very good. My only complaint is that sometimes players don't react quickly to loose balls whether it's a rebound or ball heading out of bounds. Other than that minor complaint, I'm loving this game. I also didn't lose my custom player names after the dynamic update this morning.

It's always bothered me that college sports game don't usually sell as well as their pro counterparts. I'm not a college sports fan at all but I can appreciate a good sports game whether it's basketball, football or baseball. I have no idea who the players are, but if the game simulates the sport well, I don't care who I'm using. It's a shame more people don't feel the same way. If they did, we'd probably have an NCAA Baseball on this generation of systems.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-19-2009 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

It's always bothered me that college sports game don't usually sell as well as their pro counterparts. I'm not a college sports fan at all but I can appreciate a good sports game whether it's basketball, football or baseball. I have no idea who the players are, but if the game simulates the sport well, I don't care who I'm using. It's a shame more people don't feel the same way. If they did, we'd probably have an NCAA Baseball on this generation of systems.

Always boggled me with basketball. I mean you get 300+ teams, all the different arenas, college atmosphere, numerous play styles and matchups and the greatest sporting event known to man, March Madness. What do you get with the NBA? A long drawn out season and a playoff system that is usually not interesting until the last few rounds.  It is all about the superstars. Everybody wants to play as Kobe or Leborn.  Football could be similar if it followed a playoff similar playoff structure.

To be fair college baseball only existed due to EA Sports losing the MLB license.  College Baseball, hockey and lacrosse all have a following but none of them will ever be successful in video game form.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-19-2009 at 2:03pm
It boggles my mind that people would prefer to play an inferior game just because it has professional athletes in it. Give me better gameplay ANY day of the week.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2009 at 9:25pm
Well picked mine up, got the last gutted copy at Gamestop. I hate gutted copies because they have those sales stickers all over them.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2009 at 10:49pm
Brent, I'd love to hear your initial impressions. I just played a tournament using Rutgers and can't get enough of this game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2009 at 11:42pm
I am enjoying it so far. A couple games in and the camera is much better than last years. I am playing on All-Conference and it is pretty challenging. I have noticed that the AI defense does a really good job playing the lanes and picking off passes. The presentation (especially ESPN games) is truly the best I have seen in a sports game.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-25-2009 at 11:44am
Your thoughts Jason on the game so far?  I am away from my PS3 until Sat and only had a chance to play it that one session.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-25-2009 at 2:10pm
I'm absolutely loving it so far, but then again, I don't pick games apart like some of the so-called experts. I'm not really seeing any of the issues mentioned on OS like a lack of human shooting fouls, CPU not taking threes and CPU big men not passing back out from the post. I'm not even having the issue with players stepping out of bounds like I did with the demo. The bottom line is that it's just fun to play.

To give you an idea of how much I like this game, I've gone in and given made-up names to all the players on my team (Rutgers) and know them all by name now. It reminds me of my days playing Bases Loaded on the NES with my fictional players that I formed a bond with.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-16-2010 at 8:20pm
Brent, you still playing this? After playing NBA Live for a few weeks I've come back to NCAA Basketball and can now see that it's clearly the better game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-16-2010 at 11:15pm
Not playing anything right now. My PS3 is still in Perryton. I might be stopping up there to get it and my truck after my doctors appt in Amarillo next week.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>