Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
    Posted: 10-31-2010 at 1:48am
Faltered again and fell to Stanford (10-5 (3-1)) 69-63.  We've really lost some of that early form and now I find myself forcing the issue a lot when I need to sit back and take what's being given.  Gotta regroup now as we face #10 Cal next.

Record stands at 13-3 (2-3), still ranked #13
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-08-2010 at 6:45pm
Another tough loss.  We faced #10 Cal and went from 7 up in the first half to 12 down with 12 minutes to go in the game.  Worked our way to within 3 points, but ultimately couldn't catch them and lost 78-70.  Coming into the game Cal was averaging 85 points a game so I knew they would be tough.  We just couldn't get the stops when we needed them.

Cal moves to #8 and we fall to #18.  On the road to southern California to face UCLA and then USC.
Mike_S View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-08-2010 at 10:27pm
This sounds like an awesome season...in real life, it's not THAT uncommon for a team to go unbeaten in early-season play and rise up in the polls, only to come crashing down when conference play starts.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 6:38pm
Thanks, Mike.  It has been a lot of fun so far.

We're going back home to host Washington State after a successful road trip.  We beat UCLA 74-67 in the 13th toughest place to play.  Those tough arenas are absolute nightmares to shoot free throws in.  We took a 16 point lead midway through the 2nd half, but they clawed back to within 8 and then started fouling and picked and pecked to stay close.  We just outlasted them.  Then we defeated USC 68-61 after tying the game with 3 minutes left and making a couple of threes to seal the deal.  This game should have been a blowout as USC shot very poorly and we killed them on rebounds.  However, we only shot 28% from the floor and trailed 27-22 after the first half.  We regrouped and scored a fantastic 46 points in the second half and despite poor free throw shooting again (the road) we were able to overcome the late fouling and preserve the win.  UCLA and USC are at the bottom of the conference standings and we have moved up from 8th to tied for 3rd (5 way tie).

15-4 (4-4) and #16 in the polls. 

Our current tournament outlook is, according to the game, thus:  "Polls can lie, but Washington has been playing well lately and deserves a bid at the moment."

WSU is struggling this season and we're at home so hoping to keep the momentum going.  I've learned that you can't take any conference game lightly with this game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 7:44pm
Ted, I might have missed it but what settings are you using?  I was thinking about going 12 minutes, not touching the sliders and all-conference.  I am still trying to figure out who to play with but it will be from a mid-major conference on the East Coast.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 8:52pm
Brent, I'm using sliders I found on OS right after release and don't remember their name, but I have them on my PC in a text file and can send it to you if you PM me your email. 

I've been happy with them right from the go and the only thing I do is play 20 minute halves instead of 18 like the file says.  I like the amount of fouls and except for occasional weird looking charging calls I like the way the fouls look.  I do not know much about BB so I don't know if the stats my players are accumulating are realistic or not, but they seem believable.   The games are balanced, have good momentum, ebb and flow, and are emotional.  And I have an attachment to my players.  That's all I ask for in a sports game anymore for the most part.

I'm happy to send them if you tell me where.  I'd post them here, but I'm having trouble with the site taking long posts.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:26pm
I will send you a PM.  Going with 15 minutes and All-Conference and will look at tweaking after a few games.

I decided to start a different kind of dynasty (a 4 year dynasty with the return of Larry Bird at Indiana State). I turned off going pro in the options because he would be bound for the NBA early and I did not want that.  I edited one of the existing freshmen and made what looks almost like a young Larry Bird, Down to the long socks and goofy hair.  He is rated around a 85 with a premium on shooting and passing.  A solid Defender and good rebounder with the jumping skills of a 500 pound sumo wrestler (I made him the lowest dunking rating 10 out of 100).  Though due to his size he did make a dunk in the first game.

So we begin the dynasty journey with Larry Bird and the Indiana St sycamores taking on the Missouri Valley Conference. We are an up-tempo team with three skilled 3-point shooters.

Season One 

Game one   Opening Round   Indiana State (11 seed) - LSU  (6 seed) (played at Arizona State)

Bird starts the first half on fire and the rest of the team is cold. Down most of the first half ISU keeps it close and finds themselves down by a point at the half.  As things heat up in the second half the LSU coach realizes that Larry Bird has been re-created and proceeds to double and on a couple occasions triple teaming Bird, leaving plenty of open shots for the rest of the team.  Bird hits a three pointer to tie the game with under a minute left.  LSU scores as they driain the shot clock. With 14 seconds left the PG takes the ball down the court and makes and awkward layup as time expires, 80-80 and we head to overtime.  In overtime ISU is outclassed and LSU hits all but one free throw to take the victory as three ISU players foul out of the game.

Final Score   LSU 97   ISU  95  OT

Bird 51 points  16 Rebounds  3 steals  1 block

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:29pm
Tried to send PM and got

Error Error Your Private Message "Email addy", has not been sent!

TedSGN has exceeded the maximum number of Private Messages they are allowed to receive.

I do not care if people have my e-mail address.  I get plenty of spam already.  Send to:  brentmdoughty@gmail.com

Thanks,

Brent

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:48pm
Sorry about that, Brent.  I deleted a few pm's and made room, but also just sent it to your email posted here.

Ignore what he says at the top of the text about the roster file.  I just use default rosters and the sliders work fine.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-11-2010 at 11:38pm
NIT win over Coastal Carolina  78-65.  Game was never close but CC was able to keep us from going on a big run and blowing it out.

Larry Bird  43 points  3 rebounds  1 block  1 steal

ISU 1-1  Next Game: Colorado St @ home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>