Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Forza 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedForza 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forza 3
    Posted: 11-21-2009 at 12:23pm
My copy just showed up. This game is drop-dead gorgeous.

My copy came with a code to download the Motorsport Legends Car Pack for free. Do all copies come with that code? Also, I was prompted to update my game. Any idea what the update fixes?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2009 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

My copy came with a code to download the Motorsport Legends Car Pack for free. Do all copies come with that code? Also, I was prompted to update my game. Any idea what the update fixes?

I wasn't a big fan of Forza 2, but this one is a blast so far. I've only done a bunch single races, but it's much more fun than Forza 2 and you're right Derek, the cars handle great. I've been sticking with the default Audi so far. This was a well-spent $40.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2009 at 5:55pm

I wasn't a big fan of Forza 2, but this one is a blast so far. I've only done a bunch single races, but it's much more fun than Forza 2 and you're right Derek, the cars handle great. I've been sticking with the default Audi so far. This was a well-spent $40.

The wheel works GREAT with this game. There was almost no adjustment needed as I able to compete from the very first lap. My daughter was even able to complete two laps of an oval track with the wheel and she usually can't drive more than 10 feet without crashing when using the wheel with other driving  games.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-22-2009 at 11:36am
I've played Forza 3 more in one day than I've played Forza 2, which came with my Xbox console 2 years ago. I spend the morning running hot laps to narrow down my R2 class car selections from 25 to 7. I've never played a racing game where there were so many cars I wanted to use.

My current favorites in the R2 class are:
  1. Audi ABT TT-R
  2. BMW M3 GT2
  3. Corvette C5.R (first time I've evered enjoyed the controls of a Corvette in a video game)
  4. Hyundai (Forza version from the free download)
  5. Lexis SC430
  6. Opel Astra
  7. Toyota Supra
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-22-2009 at 11:50am

I've played Forza 3 more in one day than I've played Forza 2, which came with my Xbox console 2 years ago. I spend the morning running hot laps to narrow down my R2 class car selections from 25 to 7. I've never played a racing game where there were so many cars I wanted to use.

1. Audi ABT TT-R
  2. BMW M3 GT2
  3. Corvette C5.R (first time I've evered enjoyed the controls of a Corvette in a video game)
  5. Lexis SC430
  6. Opel Astra
  7. Toyota Supra

I'm not so sure I can go back to NFS: Shift after playing Forza. BTW, anyone interested in racing online this week?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-22-2009 at 1:16pm

1. Audi ABT TT-R
  2. BMW M3 GT2
  5. Lexis SC430
  6. Opel Astra
  7. Toyota Supra

I'm not so sure I can go back to NFS: Shift after playing Forza. BTW, anyone interested in racing online this week?

R2's already? I take it you're not progressing through career mode? LOL  Either that or you've really played a lot!

Adam, I'll east some crow about the AI.  I had started my career with them set on hard, but dropped them down to medium to allow me to get to the better cars more quickly.  I've set them back to hard the last couple of days, and they are definitely more human-like, and racier.  The game is much more fun this way too. Embarrassed

Jason, I'd be up for online racing, sure!

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-22-2009 at 2:40pm
Derek, I haven't even started my career yet. I've only played the free play races and hot laps so far.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-25-2009 at 8:32pm
Just an FYI: NewEgg.com is selling Forza 3 for $39.99 with free shipping

Link to Deal

This is probably the most polished racing game I've ever played.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-26-2009 at 5:47pm

Just an FYI: NewEgg.com is selling Forza 3 for $39.99 with free shipping

Link to Deal

This is probably the most polished racing game I've ever played.

I took advantage of that deal;should have the game in a few days.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-26-2009 at 8:31pm
I think you'll be pretty happy with your decision to buy it, especially at that price. Let us know when it arrives so you can join us online for some racing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>