Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Forza 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedForza 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forza 3
    Posted: 11-26-2009 at 10:19pm
A 2nd title update was made available today (Thanksgiving) for Forza 3. Here are the details:

Comin’ at you with a quick studio update before we take off to enjoy the Thanksgiving long weekend. We’ve been moving quickly to get a few things wrapped up this week, and I've been busy working on a new video for our Hot Holidays car pack. Che's hinted at our next installment of Downloadable Content (DLC). Every car is a heavy hitter folks! The Hot Holidays car pack will be available for download on December 8th, but check back soon for the official video and car list.

The rest of us here at Turn 10 have been crunching away on our second title update that will hit an Xbox 360 near you later this evening. Besides what you see below we’ve also patched a few holes to maintain equilibrium in our online economy…something we take very seriously.

This new title update contains:

• Fixes to all known glitches.
  • The addition of cockpit view driver shift animations.
  • Fixes for all known Time Trial and Leaderboard exploits/bugs.
New title update aside we’ve also updated our Matchmaking list with some new additions you’ll want to check out this long weekend. The major addition you’ll notice is our all-new “Playground” category that will be used to host alternative game types like tag, and more restrictive racing such as our “A Class Expert” hopper that is currently live. For tag we’ve added an A Class “Keep the IT” game type where the winner is the person who’s been “IT” the longest after 5 minutes. Expect to see this section in flux more often than our other general categories. Have a look!

Our lucky LCE owners got another special treat as we’ve sent out the latest VIP car earlier today. Check the in-game message center to receive your copy of the Halo Waypoint Lambo (shown above), painted by community MVP “m0dus”!

Source: Turn 10 Studios Blog

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-28-2009 at 9:54am
Ted,

Did you ever try to rent this from Gamefly?

BTW, I'll list some cars that I'll be giving away (Class A and B) if anyone is interested.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-28-2009 at 5:08pm
It's still in the Q.  I need to send Fifa 10 and another game back.

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-28-2009 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Ted,

Did you ever try to rent this from Gamefly?

BTW, I'll list some cars that I'll be giving away (Class A and B) if anyone is interested.

My copy has shipped,should be here in a couple of days.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-28-2009 at 6:54pm
I'm totally hooked. I'm currently in my 4th year with a driver rating of 24 and just bought the Forza 3 Hyundai Genesis Coupe for my R2 class races. It lacks a high top-speed but handles great and has exceptional acceleration and braking.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-28-2009 at 9:01pm
So there are seasons in this?  Because that kind of thing appeals to me.

If you could have only one...Forza, NFS:S, or Dirt2 which would you buy?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-28-2009 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Here's the list. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll gift you the cars through the game:
  1. 2005 Honda NSX-r GT Class B
  2. Jaquar XKR-5 Class B
  3. BMW Motorsport M3-GTR Class B
  4. 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Class A
  5. RVR Sagairs Class A
  6. Porsche 911 GT2 (997) Class A
Ted,

Right now I'd choose Forza. NFS: Shift is still a lot of fun and the patch (coming this Tuesday) should make it even better, but it feels more like Forza's little brother. Dirt 2 is a completely different type of game, but right now I'm enjoying Forza more than I liked Dirt 2 a few weeks ago. I guess the simple answer is that I'd go with Forza over the other two, even though all of them are great games. It's simply the most polished and complete game.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-28-2009 at 10:11pm
Jake loves Dirt2, but I was pretty so-so on it.  I'll look forward to Forza.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-29-2009 at 12:16am
I was caught off-guard with Forza 3 because I didn't really like Forza 2, so I'd suggest you not have any preconceived opinions on Forza 3 based on Forza 2 - to me, they're completely different games.

Ted, the career mode is 6 years long. Each year consists of more races and faster cars. For example, my first year consisted of 9 races with a championship race after every 3. My 3rd year consisted of 32 races and it looks like my 4th year will have about 45+ races. There are different races to choose from so everyone can follow a different path in their career.

I like how the car classes work too. You can upgrade cars so that they can race in higher classes instead of having to purchase a new car. I've actually done this with my 2010 Audi R8 Quattro. It was originally a class A car that I upgraded to a class S and now currently a class R3. I did it for 2 reasons:
  1. I like the car and how it handled
  2. It was cheaper to upgrade than buying an R3 car.
I've been using the automatic upgrade, which you can accept or cancel after seeing what improvements will be made to the car and how much it will cost. I've done some minor manual upgrades too, but I've been satisfied with the automatic upgrades for the most part. To be honest,  I've ever spent so much time upgrading and tuning cars in ANY racing game before and in case I haven't made in clear in all my babbling in this thread - Forza 3 is damn good game.

Here's a pic of my car using the in-game picture gallery:

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-07-2009 at 10:31pm
I've been cruising along in Forza. I'm now a Level 42 driver and I'm up to my 9th tournament of 11 in the 5th year of my career.

It seems another (3rd) title update will be released before Christmas too:

Some of you may care that we’re also working hard on our next title update. There isn’t a set date for its release yet but December is a pretty short month and we’re hoping to get everything wrapped up and out the door before everyone takes off for vacation – which means you’ll likely see it sometime before Christmas (week of 12/21). I’ll have a more definitive list of what’s getting fixed once I have confirmation from our producers, but I’ve heard some stuff in the hallways, including fixes to Time Trials and scoreboards, as well as the ability for my team to create custom Time Trials for our weekly HLCs. Other stuff overheard include little things like improving shadows on AI cars, fixing manual with clutch physics in replays (currently it looks like the player is glitching when it’s just incorrect replay physics), and the ability for all DLC car packs to automatically gift the player 150,000 credits so you can actually buy a starter car in the DLC you just purchased on Marketplace. Anyway, more details and confirmations as I have them.

Source: Forza Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>