Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screens
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBackbreaker Fact Sheet and Screens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screens
    Posted: 12-02-2009 at 7:07pm
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61428

Players can hit the gridiron with Backbreaker for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION3 platforms in spring 2010.

Key Features:

• Break out from the Pack: Backbreaker redefines standard football games with intuitive plays, an endless variety of unique tackles and outcomes based on actual in-game collisions
  • Jump Straight Into Action: Backbreaker offers intuitive controls for casual sports fans intimidated by the complexities and learning curve of other football games
  • Feel the Explosive, Hard-Hitting Tackles: Gone are the days of rigid, canned animations. NaturalMotion's euphoria engine delivers high quality, hard-hitting, true-to-life action, giving players an unparalleled experience on the gridiron
  • Look Through the One-of-a-kind Camera View: Backbreaker's camera system has been designed to complement the controls, with techniques such as shake and dynamic field-of-view changes that give the game its distinct 'on-the-field' feel, aiding the player by dynamically framing the action
  • Watch JumboTron-Worthy Graphics & Instant Replay: Backbreaker uses state-of-the-art animation and rendering technology for high definition dazzle. The instant replay system allows players to celebrate each tackle or touchdown, complete with reactions from crowds 90,000 strong
  • Throw the Pigskin Online: Backbreaker supports extensive online functionality including competitive and team co-op (live and split-screen) gameplay online, and the ability to play in exhibition mode with up to four players
  • Choose Between Powerful or Precise Plays: In evasive mode, players are more agile and can dodge, turn and jump to avoid threats, though they are more likely to fumble when tackled. In aggressive mode, players can stiff arm and fight through linemen, run faster and fend off big hits and tackles

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
bigjake62505 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigjake62505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-09-2009 at 2:30pm
Really looking forward to this game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-06-2010 at 4:53pm

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2010 at 4:27pm
Just noticed that Gamestop has dropped the price for this game to $49.99.  Shows to be coming out in May but the release date has changed numerous times.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2010 at 4:32pm
I'm beginning to think this game will never be released. It's the "Duke Nuke'm" of the 21st century.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2010 at 3:14pm
IGN has posted some gameplay videos and unsurprisingly, it doesn't appear to live up to the hype:

IGN Backbreaker Videos
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-21-2010 at 8:35am
The demo is now up on Xbox Live.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-21-2010 at 8:40am
Eager to hear impressions!  This went from big on my radar, to off my radar after a hands-on article pointed out some possibly brain-dead A.I., but if it's cool (and particularly if you can take your custom team online) this might be neat for a short league of sorts.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-21-2010 at 8:47am
The demo impressions at OS are all pretty positive so far. I had no interest in this game, but I just watched the passing tutorial and thought it looked interesting. I'm curious to see how I like the closeup gameplay camera though...and wonder how it's used in a 2-player game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-25-2010 at 11:45pm
I have decided this game is going to hit the bargain bin before I give it a go (well after I get NCAA and Madden). The controls and camera are too frustrating and the amount of turnovers was discouraging. I hope they add more to the playbooks (even after switching off the arcade mode) as it was really limited in plays to pick from.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>