Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2K10: Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2K10: Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2K10: Media & Info
    Posted: 01-07-2010 at 2:41pm
Well looks like more unfunny commercials for 360 owners to suffer through as they wait for some actual information.

Video at the link
http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=7901

In addition to cover athlete Evan Longoria, third baseman for the Tampa Bay Rays, 2K Sports announced today that they have partnered with seven additional elite baseball superstars to help promote Major League Baseball® 2K10. The players will form an impressive council, who will serve as active spokesmen and invaluable gameplay advisors for the title this season. These seven players were selected not only for their excellence on the baseball diamond, but also for their commitment and desire to help create the most authentic MLB video game to date.

The council of players for Major League Baseball 2K10 include:

Andrew Bailey, relief pitcher of the Oakland Athletics
Felix Hernandez, starting pitcher of the Seattle Mariners
Jose Reyes, shortstop of the New York Mets
Justin Morneau, first baseman of the Minnesota Twins
Justin Verlander, starting pitcher of the Detroit Tigers
Kendry Morales, first baseman of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Nelson Cruz, outfielder of the Texas Rangers

As part of their partnership with 2K Sports, the athletes will consult with the development team at 2K Sports’ Visual Concepts studio to provide their expertise and recommendations for how to maximize the realism of Major League Baseball 2K10 and create the most authentic pitcher–batter battle experiences. These players will also appear in an upcoming “Pitchers vs. Hitters” video series that will highlight the intense battle from the mound to the batter’s box in Major League Baseball 2K10.

Major League Baseball 2K10 will be available on March 2, 2010 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, Wii, Nintendo DS and Windows PC.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2010 at 6:20pm
Way to go 2K Sports - while Sony releases real info about The Show, you release useless bullsh*t about your game Ouch. March may sound far away, but the game comes out in less than 2 months, so it would be nice if 2K release some real info.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2010 at 8:03pm
They are being pretty cagey with info on their roster update titled MLB2K10.

The only reason they even bother putting this game out is they are stuck with the license for another couple of years.They have admitted the game is a serious drag on their earnings because of this.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2010 at 8:21pm
It's really a shame because I'm one of the few people who actually liked MLB 2K9 and is looking forward to MLB 2K10. If they can fix some of the well-know issues (outfield play being my biggest gripe) and clean up the bugs and graphics, 2K will have a "decent" game of their hands. Maybe part of my enjoyment is due to NOT playing The Show on this generation of consoles, but I also know that if I did jumped ship to the PS3/Show, I'd miss the analog fielding in the 2K series.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2010 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I'd miss the analog fielding in the 2K series.

That is the one thing I do miss from the 2k series. Not as much the analog aspect, but the metered throwing in the field. I preferred using the buttons myself.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2010 at 7:20am
Doesn't the show have metered throwing?
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2010 at 9:32am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Doesn't the show have metered throwing?

Yes,there is a glowing icon under you fielder that gets larger the longer you hold down the button.
It's not a meter per se,but functions as one.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2010 at 2:27pm
Yea but I prefer the actual meter where you have the ability to go past a line for an errant throw. With MLB 09 if I even go past just touching the button my throws will end up in the crowd (using the Pirates and Rangers probably does not help).

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2010 at 9:27pm
While we are getting some great info and now gameplay videos for MLB 10, I can only leave you with 2K marketing at it's finest.

Hitters vs Pitchers Part 2  Still unfunny

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pitchers-vs-mlb-2k10/60550

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2010 at 6:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>