Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorld of Outlaws: Sprint Cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars
    Posted: 02-16-2010 at 2:59pm
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this game since the previous-gen one was pretty popular.

World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2010 at 5:29pm
Didn't even know that it was made for the new consoles.  Thanks a bunch.  Even if it is the same game as the previous version it's a definite buy.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2010 at 8:30pm
Ted, I'll buy a copy for online racing if you're picking it up too.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2010 at 11:27pm
Fun game, but beware some framerate stutters and pauses from a base that's none-too-steady to begin with.  I also run into graphical glitching that obscures vision while in 1st person cam.

I personally think that the PS2 version is still pretty significantly better, but the new one is enjoyable enough for $20.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-17-2010 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Derek

Fun game, but beware some framerate stutters and pauses from a base that's none-too-steady to begin with.  I also run into graphical glitching that obscures vision while in 1st person cam.

I personally think that the PS2 version is still pretty significantly better, but the new one is enjoyable enough for $20.

You've tried the Xbox 360 version already?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-17-2010 at 9:37am
Yeah, I grabbed it after hearing good things about it on DSP.  I think if you don't have access to the original game, it will definitely do a good job of scratching that dirt-racing itch.  Solid game, especially if you can tolerate the techincal issues.  (Don't go from Forza to this, though!)

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-17-2010 at 4:47pm
Do you know if the career mode is as deep (and good)?

Jason, I'm GF'ing in.  I'll let you know when it comes in.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-17-2010 at 10:11pm
I'd have to play in it a bit more to answer definitively, Ted, but the major knock on the new game's career mode is that you can't set difficulty...and the first couple of race nights have been very, very easy for me.  Certainly possible that it gets harder as you progress. 

You *can* set difficulty in arcade mode and run full 'race day' events there (heats, dash for cash, main races, etc) and so I've actually spent more of my time there so far on the 'pro' difficulty setting.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-17-2010 at 11:52pm
That's an interesting gameplay choice by the developer.  Maybe it does ramp up pretty good and they didn't want to really frustrate new players?

I'm looking forward to trying it.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-27-2010 at 10:34pm
Gamefly copy arrived.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>