Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: I might be a little jealous of this...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI might be a little jealous of this...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I might be a little jealous of this...
    Posted: 03-07-2010 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by koebner

Still think Forza is the better game,though.

Agreed, especially after playing a ton of Forza 3.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 4:43pm
I'm with Ted on this - while I have no doubts that The Show is a great game, MLB 2K10 is more than good enough for me. I also prefer the analog gameplay of 2K10 over the button gameplay in The Show.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 4:13pm
I don't doubt it's good.  I just meant that 2k10 has improved and the addition of 'my player' has erased what temptation there was to eventually get a PS3 and play The Show.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 4:10pm
The Show is really good this year, IMO. More of a refinement of last year's game than any sort of radical evolution, but I noticed some changes for the better even in my first few games.

I'm looking to rent 2k.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by koebner

Originally posted by TedSGN

Jealous because it is not on 360?

The Show and God of War III should enhance those feelings,as well.

My temptations for The Show went down significantly since playing MLB 2k10.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 3:59pm
Sorry for the OT, but it really stinks that EA gave up on Nascar after 09.  I really, really enjoyed my time playing that game, both online and off.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 3:10pm

The Show and God of War III should enhance those feelings,as well.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

I cannot even begin to imagine how much work they'll need to do on the AI to make the NASCAR licence a worthwhile acquisition.  Same thing applies to the damage model.  I await it eagerly, but I do wonder if NASCAR 09 won't remain the best way to get your roundy-roundy racing kicks on a console.

Yeah,I'd be surprised if it has a full cup race deal going on,more likely just the option to use cup cars in the different game modes,like the other full-on race cars in the game.

It's funny,the AI and damage are so bad in GT,yet the driving feels so good.
Still think Forza is the better game,though.

GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 2:27pm
I cannot even begin to imagine how much work they'll need to do on the AI to make the NASCAR licence a worthwhile acquisition.  Same thing applies to the damage model.  I await it eagerly, but I do wonder if NASCAR 09 won't remain the best way to get your roundy-roundy racing kicks on a console.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2010 at 2:57pm

Yep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>