Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NFL Head Coach - Steeler fans look away
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNFL Head Coach - Steeler fans look away

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL Head Coach - Steeler fans look away
    Posted: 03-28-2006 at 7:20pm
http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach/index.jsp

SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPION PITTBURGH STEELERS COACH BILL COWHER TO GRACE COVER OF NFL HEAD COACH FROM EA
From the Makers of Madden NFL Football Comes an All-New Coaching Strategy Game

World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Bill Cowher will be on the cover of NFL Head Coach, available in stores June 20. NFL Head Coach is in development at EA Tiburon, EA's studio responsible for other NFL videogame franchises including: Madden NFL Football and NFL STREET. This is the first-ever 3D sports strategy game where you can experience the emotional rollercoaster of coaching with the most true-to-life and authentic sports strategy game ever created.

"With NFL Head Coach there is finally a game that gives true football fans the chance to strategize and become the head coach of their favorite team," said Cowher, fresh off his first Super Bowl title with a 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL in Detroit. "Coaching is about leadership and everyone will now see how difficult, but also how rewarding coaching can be."

NFL Head Coach challenges gamers to build and manage every aspect of a football team from the ground up. A simple conversation system and an engaging graphical interface allow users to immerse themselves into the lives of an NFL head coach. As head coach, you develop a team strategy, execute it on and off the field, and try to build a winning organization year after year. Your status as a coaching legend will rise and fall based on all of your actions as you strive to become the greatest head coach of all time.

In NFL Head Coach, you can try to become the next Bill Cowher, utilizing your full range of coaching and managing talents, including:

* Building your team through drafts, trades and free agency
* Developing and refining your own playbook and strategies
* Motivating players during practice and games to maximize their success
* Overseeing a full staff of assistants and coordinators to help you run the team
* Scouting each opponent and devising special game-plans for every game
* Calling all the shots, from preseason training camp, practices and games
* Instilling a winning attitude that will make your team a champion and make you a Hall Of Fame head coach.

NFL Head Coach will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, and PC-CD.

---------------------------

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-28-2006 at 7:24pm
Let's just hope that the EA cover jinx does not also pertain to coaches. Especially one as beloved as my boy Bill.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-28-2006 at 8:24pm
I'm not usually into these types of games but I am interested in this one. What's strange is that being an NFL head coach is my dream job, yet I never got involved with dynasty modes in any football game. 
Zeppo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zeppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-29-2006 at 1:26pm
I like the rush yds. vs. pass yds. in that one screen!!  Clearly, an EA game; what, are they using the Madden sim engine in a straight port?  Looks like it.  I bet avg. run attempts around the league for starting HBs will be less than 15.

Brent: so what if Cowher breaks a leg in practice, or tears a hammy, right?  He can coach on crutches!!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-29-2006 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Zeppo

Brent: so what if Cowher breaks a leg in practice, or tears a hammy, right?  He can coach on crutches!!

Unfortuantely the EA Cover jinx covers a far ranging spectrum (NHL 04/Heatley) and (Fight Night 2004/Roy Jones Jr getting pummeled by Tarver).

New game = New type of jinx.  It's and even year and that's when the jinx is in full force - (McNabb 2006 - Vick 2004 - Culpepper 2002).

I hope this is all just a big coinkidink and there is no jinx. A Championship repeat would be fine by me. Embarrassed

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 2:40pm

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 8:34pm
I'm really liking the looks of this...  I've never had the discipline to go "coach only" in any other football game before (except text sims, of course).  This one looks very interesting...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 9:26pm

IGN Hands on

Kiper recorded information for 40 draft classes, so each season you'll hear new, updated info on fictional rookies.

So that is where Mel has been. 40 draft classes is not to shabby.

You work your way through a conversation tree. In one interesting exchange, coordinator Marty Morningwheg said, "Hi coach, I'm M. Morningwheg. Nice to meet you."
From there, you can choose to say hi back or fire Marty on the spot. Of course, we said, "You're fired," and he comically disappeared through the conference room floor. Trump would be proud. EA is scheduling a "you're fired" animation in which assistants shake their heads in disgust and storm out of the room.

Sold!!! Embarrassed

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 9:58pm
is this online too?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-30-2006 at 10:06pm
As best I can tell it does not. Which will probably leave me as the only person on this forum to purchase the game. Embarrassed

A few more links with information

Madden Nation - Madden Nation - Madden Nation

Plus a movie from Gamespot yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>