Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 11 Hype Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
    Posted: 07-29-2010 at 7:52pm
Damn, I was just about to post this.

This game will be even more incredible once they fix these small issues.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2010 at 10:27am
I'm looking forward to the tuner set update due this week.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2010 at 3:16pm
Agreed.  I really hope the player progression stuff is fixed before we get too far in our online dynasty...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-02-2010 at 4:23pm
2 games still needed to be played. No rush, just an update.

Edit: Duh i stuck this in the wrong place. Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-03-2010 at 2:54am
Just finished my first year of the OU Dynasty.   Went undefeated (simming games once they were out of reach) and only had three close games during the regular season, all on the road.  Beat Nebraska in the Big 12 title game in a high scoring affair that we only won by a late FG.  3 teams went undefeated (Bama, OU and Boise St) thanks to the crappy BCS system in the game, just like in real life Boise does not get to play for a national title.  I take on the Alabama team of doom (they have like 15 to 20, 90+ rated players) and just kicked the crud out of them (34-17).  The post game ceremony was a bit short but sweet.  My QB Landry Jones came in 2nd in the Heisman to the Tech QB. Murray rushed for over 1500 yards and Broyles had a banner year at WR.

Recruiting, once you get the hang of it is simply a blast, I find myself enjoying it for the first time in my history of playing every NCAA game ever made.  OU finished the recruiting year with 6 5* players. 

Keys to successful recruiting.  Stick with 15 or so players that you want in the recruiting base.  Putting in the time on the phone calls and of course promising them everything but Fresh All American and playing time (since you want to keep them around).  As you get midway in you will see players that are not going to play for you so you head back to the recruiting pool and find a few new ones to add that are within 200 points of the top team. 

Offseason went well as I was able to convince a ton of players to stay (Broyles and Jones wanted to go pro and fortunately I was able to keep them). Only lost a few scrubs.  Going into season 2, 4 of my five O-lineman are All-Americans.  We are only ranked #3 since we did lose mucho talent on defense to graduation.

Onto season two and I think I will start another dynasty with a 3 star team for the challenge of building them up.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-03-2010 at 8:44pm
Has anyone seen people discussing offline dynasty errors? I can't get into my OU dynasty as it says it is corrupted or something of that nature?  I think I went to the dashboard before exiting my dynasty, which might have caused the problem.

Sucks to lose that one as I wanted to run with it for a couple years.  Just deleted it and started a new dynasty with 3* Purdue. Should give me a challenge.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-03-2010 at 9:59pm
Haven't heard of anything like that. My guess is that you're correct in thinking that exiting directly to the dashboard was the reason for the data corruption.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 1:40pm
New Tuner Set is Out NOW!!!

THE FIRST LIVE TUNING PACKAGE FOR NCAA FOOTBALL 11 WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING UPDATES:

• Increased the default starting values for all Recruits.
• Slightly increased progression for low and mid tier teams.
• Tuned CPU recruiting to prevent teams from signing too many players at any one particular position.
• Increased CPU's focus upon needed positions in recruiting.
• Top schools will sign 5 star prospects earlier in the season.
• After a recruit Soft Commits, any CPU team that is not ranked in the top three will spend significantly less time calling the recruit.
• Addressed an issue with big lineman jumping too high and deflecting passes.
• Tuned ESPN U Top 150 Players to be more in line with actual top 150 recruits by decreasing the number of Fullbacks and Kickers.
• Tuned Field Goal, Kick Offs, and Punting in Super Sim.

Full Article

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 3:59pm
Firing up NCAA to check this out.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 9:20pm
That's good news!

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>