Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 11 Hype Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
    Posted: 08-10-2010 at 2:12am
Finally started my new offline dynasty and for the first time ever I am using a one star team.  Going with Utah St since they have a freakish offensive set that has everything including the wishbone.  So I replace the first game (@ OU) with @ #24 Utah, a team I thought they played yearly.  Well low and behold my little underdogs come back from down 10 points at the half and win it by a FG.

Utah St is on their way to a National Title (hopefully by year 5). Wink

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2010 at 7:18am
It looks like patch #2 is out. I was prompted to download an update when I put NCAA in this morning.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

It looks like patch #2 is out. I was prompted to download an update when I put NCAA in this morning.

It's official. EA also released a tuner update to fix a progression issue on the 360 Clap.

Full Details:

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I’m Russ Kiniry and I’d like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog ‘Thank You’ and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we’ve got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let’s get to the list!

Graphics
- Uniform degradation has been fixed.
- Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
- Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
- Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest

- Resolved crash issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you’re upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
- Fixed a couple crashes related to lobbies
- Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
- Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling

Offense
- Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
- Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
- Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
- Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won’t be called in situations when they shouldn’t be used (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
- Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
- Tweaked sideline catches in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
- Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective

Defense
- Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
- Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
- Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
- Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
- Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
- Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren’t being aggressive enough

Special Teams
- Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
- Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
- Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
- Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
- Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of kickers and punters

Other
- Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn’t
- Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
- Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
- Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
- Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
- Fixed a couple infrequent game crashes
It’s safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2010 at 8:49am
NCAA Football 11 = Best Football Game EVER!!!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2010 at 11:27am
Wow, downloading this now.

"- Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate"

This was a biggie. This always bothered me with the CPU. it felt like they went out of their way to get tackled by staying inside, on many occasions.

The only thing they seem to have left out are certain teams with gold helmets. They look fine during the day but when they are in the shadows or at night they just look dull. Colorado is a good example of this happening.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-25-2010 at 7:17pm
NCAA Blog Update 8/25/2010:

NCAA Football 11 fans have provided a ton of feedback this year, and since the release, we've been working hard  here at Tiburon to address your top concerns.  Near the top of the list of feedback we've gathered is how wins and losses are tracked in Ranked games that end in the first half.

Our objective has always been to make our leader boards free of cheaters.   It was with this objective in mind that we previously changed the system so it does not award wins or losses if someone quits before the first half is over.   However, as of the server maintenance this morning, we've changed how wins and losses are tracked once again.   Now, wins and losses are counted regardless of when you (or your opponent) quit the game.  If you jump out to an early lead and your opponent quits, you will still receive credit for the victory.

However, to ensure we keep our leader boards as honest as possible, we will be adjusting the skill points awarded to players that get quit on quickly to be lower than a game that reaches the second half.  We want to avoid the situation where someone can have two accounts (or a bored friend) and simply jump into games repeatedly, quit out, and rack up wins to advance up the leader board.   Hopefully, going forward the leader board will stay honest and wins/losses will be properly awarded to everyone in a ranked game.

Along with the above changes we've resolved a few issues on the server where some people were having difficulties accessing their online dynasties.  If you were encountering an issue, please try again and contact us if something still isn't resolved by posting here on our forums.

Finally, we are getting a patch out as soon as possible to resolve an exploit that was introduced in Patch 2.  We will provide more details as soon as we can.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-25-2010 at 8:12pm
I wish they could patch in how good JerryWorld and Reliant Stadium look in Madden and not like a mausoleum, as they are portrayed in NCAA.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-31-2010 at 8:54pm
There's talk of patch #3 possibly coming out as early as this week.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-03-2010 at 5:09pm
Title Update #3 and Tuning Pack #3 will arrive on Sept. 7th

Title Update 3 (TU3)

- The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
- Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
- Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
- In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
- There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
- Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.

Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)

- Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
- Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
- Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
- Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
- Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
- Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
- Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
- Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
- Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.

While tuning Dynasty this year, I've received a lot of help along the way from Jordan Peterson, who recently joined the Design team.   Since he has been focusing on all the details of the latest Live Tuning Pack I'm going to have him pass along the information of what you are going to see going forward.   So Jordan... How do all of these changes impact Dynasty?

Source: NCAA Football Blog
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-09-2010 at 7:18am
The 360 patch was finally released this morning. The tuning pack should be out later this morning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>