Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 11 Hype Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
    Posted: 06-09-2010 at 12:04pm

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2010 at 4:23pm
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5268679/ncaa-football-11-takes-dynasty-web?readmore=fullstory&654

This year, the team behind "NCAA Football 11" is finally taking the feature full-force to the Web, enabling gamers to log onto their dynasty anywhere they have access to the Internet, whether it's on a computer, iPhone, or even an iPad.

That's right, now if you an extra 20 minutes to kill at work (or if you just don't feel like working), you can log onto your team online, schedule a game, try to recruit that strong-armed quarterback for next season, and even write up a news story about how you destroyed Florida the night before and post the story to Facebook.

And remember, this doesn't even have to be multiplayer as you can also play an online dynasty by yourself. Think of it more like a connected dynasty as I can't even think of a reason to play offline anymore. You just have so much ability online.

more at the link...

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2010 at 6:27pm
Good stuff even though it should've been done a year ago. Monday is going to be a pretty exciting day for me.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2010 at 11:33am
Kudos to EA for such a smart move.

OU and Texas in the demo

OU sporting the 55' throwback look that Nike made for them (one of the nicer pro combat unis). 

Looks like Alabama gets left out of the demo.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 5:41am
Downloading the demo right now!!!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 6:17am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Downloading the demo right now!!!

...and just pre-ordered from Amazon with release-day delivery.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 4:49pm
Demo at 48% and I will be pre ordering from Amazon with release date delivery and the $20 discount.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 11:28pm
Sorry to the people I sent the invite to regarding the demo. I am a sucker for more uniforms.  So far the demo is terrific and running the ball is the best I have see in an EA football game. At first I hate the way the camera was so far out but it moves in really nicely when you run the ball.

Nice to see squib kicks in the game, too bad the camera is really wonky when you attempt one.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 7:26am
Apparently the demo build is an older one and EA is going to post the changes made to the retail version on their blog soon. I hope they fix the frame rate issues that occur at the end of a play when the camera starts rotating. It doesn't really affect gameplay, but it's a little distracting. The cut scenes are a little choppy too.

I can live with the new camera, but I'm still hoping that the classic camera is an option. I do think that the new camera is a HUGE improvement over the default camera that was in Madden and NCAA last year.

Brent, are you using auto-sprint? I'm going to try that out tonight.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 11:59am
You have to remember I am coming from the PS3 where everything stuttered.  The demo seemed much better than last years game on the PS3. 

I have not tried auto-sprint but it almost seems like you need to have it on with auto-strafe on (which is on by default).  I was controlling a LB most of the time and he always seemed to be a little slow getting to spots.  I might just leave strafe and sprint off. I do not mind using the L Trigger to strafe when needed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>