Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Madden 11: Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadden 11: Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madden 11: Media & Info
    Posted: 07-27-2010 at 11:28am
Okay I will leave my preorder.  Looks like the Steelers and Giants will be back in action.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-22-2010 at 10:19am
This has been a good summer for football games and it looks like Madden will be getting even better:

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can  the top games from each week.

In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

* Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
    * Generally making pass defense more effective
    * Reducing number of broken tackles
    * Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
    * Tuning injuries
    * Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
    * Improving play action blocking
    * Improving kick return blocking
    * Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
    * Random stability improvements

Hopefully this should give you a glimpse of our current priorities and our continued commitment to keeping Madden NFL 11 relevant and giving you an enjoyable experience over the entire year. We continue to listen for any and all top issues, and the list above is by no means all inclusive or locked so feel free to drop by the EA Forums to provide any feedback on things you want fixed.

Source: Madden Blog
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-22-2010 at 4:06pm
A good patch or two could make Madden great.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-28-2010 at 10:10am
I decided to give Gameflow a try today hoping it would help expand my play calling and challenge me to use plays I've avoided in the past. I enjoyed it during my first game but realized that it makes the play clock almost irrelevant since plays are picked instantly. As anyone that's ever played against me online knows, there are plenty of times when I've struggled to get a play off in time and that challenge is now removed. I'm going to give Gameflow some more time though and see if it holds my interest.

BTW, updated rosters for Madden were available this morning.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-30-2010 at 3:13pm
This is the best post explaining the sliders in Madden 10/11 I've seen so far;

http://www.operationsports.com/vBulletin/madden-nfl-football-sliders/437464-sliders-101-a-3.html#post2041515544

I've used these theories to set up sliders that so far,have cut down on the ridiculous scores and big plays.I set threshold to 100 and play on normal speed.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-30-2010 at 7:52pm
Good stuff...I'm having a hard time getting Madden to play how I like, so this may help me better tune the game to my liking. The first I may try is switching the threshold from 50 to 100.

BTW, does anyone know how to view player fatigue when using Gameflow? I'm used to looking at the player colors on the playcall screen, but that's not shown when using Gameflow.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-07-2010 at 6:48am
Looks like the Madden Title Update is coming out today too...
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2010 at 3:47pm
From OS

Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03

The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

Here is a list of fixes, for those of you that might not know.
  • Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
  • Generally making pass defense more effective
  • Reducing number of broken tackles
  • Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
  • Tuning injuries
  • Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
  • Improving play action blocking
  • Improving kick return blocking
  • Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
  • Random stability improvements
  • Miscellaneous gameplay balancing

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2010 at 4:28pm
I've been waiting all day for the 360 patch to drop Angry.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-24-2010 at 7:29am
The patch and updated rosters are now available for the 360. Can't wait to try the game out tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>