Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The New Xbox 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe New Xbox 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Xbox 360
    Posted: 06-14-2010 at 4:44pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 4:45pm
The new Xbox 360®. Here today, ready for tomorrow with a brand new, leaner machine in an all new black gloss finish. Wi-Fi is built-in for easier connection to the world of entertainment on Xbox LIVE, where HD movies and TV stream in an instant. It's ready for the controller-free experiences of Project Natal—you don't just play the game, you are the game. With the huge hard drive you'll have plenty of space to store your favorite games and movies. Xbox 360 is more games, entertainment. and fun.

• Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive: The internal 250GB hard drive allows you to save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other con­tent available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
  • Built in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Download or stream HD movies, TV episodes, and games from Xbox LIVE Marketplace in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere in the house. Compatible with b/g/n networks.
  • Project Natal ready: Coming this holiday, Project Natal will make YOU the controller. With a dedicated, specialized port, the Xbox 360 250GB is built to connect seamlessly with the Project Natal sensor— and have you up off the couch and into the world of Project Natal in no time.
  • Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries.
  • Xbox 360 Headset: Strategize or trade taunts while playing games, and chat with your friends on Xbox LIVE.
  • Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable: Maximize your Xbox 360 picture quality on standard-definition televisions using this S-Video connection for a noticeable image improvement over traditional composite connecters.
  • Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE brings a whole world of entertainment possibility right to your Xbox 360. Play with friends online, and watch streaming movies and TV from Zune and Netflix, all in crystal-clear HD. You'll find loads of your favorite music from Last.fm and the ability to connect with friends on Facebook and Twitter right on the best screen in the house.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 4:52pm
Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable: Maximize your Xbox 360 picture quality on standard-definition televisions using this S-Video connection for a noticeable image improvement over traditional composite connecters.

That always cracks me up.  Only MS could spin a composite cable for an HD system. At least they are putting Wi-Fi in this one.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 4:53pm
I'm not that impressed. It looks to be the same size as the old unit and still uses a tray instead of a slot-loading DVD drive. The built-in wi-fi is nice, but I have a wire run for mine already. Microsoft is touting that it's whisper-quiet, which would be nice if it's true.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2010 at 8:58pm
Looks interesting to me...  I'll keep my eye on this natal thing (called "Kinect," I believe) to see if it's worthwhile.  The kids may like it.

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2010 at 2:43pm
I wonder if it still has 512MB of internal memory.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2010 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I wonder if it still has 512MB of internal memory.

What's unclear is whether there is another chipset or is it Jasper internals.
If so,the 512MB internal would probably be there,NXE and all of the new apps are scaled for the internal memory,which is the common denominator among models currently produced.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2010 at 4:06pm
I thought the new Xbox had the Valhalla chipset.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I thought the new Xbox had the Valhalla chipset.

Edit:http://i48.tinypic.com/2lc6yo1.jpg

Indeed it does.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by koebner

Edit:http://i48.tinypic.com/2lc6yo1.jpg

Nice find. I didn't realize it had the 45nm integrated chip in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>