Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: EA Sports MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEA Sports MMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EA Sports MMA
    Posted: 11-19-2010 at 6:13pm
Patch #1 for EA's MMA is available today:

• Reduced the range and combo speed for body hook to hook combos
  • Increased the stamina loss from failed takedown attempts
  • Stronger punches in the dominate turtle position
  • Slightly enlarged the window for denying takedowns from the clinch.
  • Added Head Arm choke to Josh Thomson’s move set
  • Fixes to the 10 Point scoring system
  • Adjustments to the camera’s in the clinch so they do not sway as much during strikes
  • Updated Fighter Records for Gesias Cavalcante, Josh Thomson, Nick Diaz, Ronaldo Souza, Tim Kennedy and Tyron Woodley
  • Fixed issue where Gamertag/Online ID for the fighters were not displaying when viewing Fight Replays
  • Resolved issues that caused occasional softlocks during online matches

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-16-2010 at 7:47pm
I had two crazy fights today (out of 5).  The two crazy ones were a loss and a rematch victory against a huge Muy Thai fighter.  My fighter, Hammerzeit, has moved to the league in Brazil after becoming champion in his first league.  This Brazilian league is a 1 round/ 20 minute fight and you can kick and knee the head while on the ground.  That wasn't the crazy part though.  This fight and rematch were the bloodiest things I'd ever seen.  Most of the blood was mine because this behemoth 6'7" 257 lb animal just kept clinching me and opening up my eyebrows and cheekbones with elbows.  I was able to hold him off in the second fight after doing some clinch training and reversing and taking him down.  I'd stall him on the mat and try to wear him out.  At one point I had blood all over my face and somehow he had a huge blood smear (mine) all down one side of his ribs.  He had a couple of minor cuts and heavy bruising from some repeated ground strikes I gave him.  I ended up beating him with four minutes left and he had beaten me with something like 6 minutes left.  These were crazy, long drawn out tests.  There was a lot of parrying and tactical maneuvering going on.  In the first fight (the one I lost) I actually knocked him to the mat after stunning him and then leaped upon him, raining down strikes, but he recovered and tied me up before I could finish him.  
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-15-2010 at 7:19pm
I put in a couple of hours with it.  While  I don't agree that the controls are simpler (just different), I do like the game and will spend some more time with it.  I do find the training in career far slower and more boring than in UFC 2009.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2010 at 8:28pm
Ted, did you get a chance to play MMA?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-11-2010 at 4:33pm
I'll be curious to see if you feel the same way about the game as I do.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-11-2010 at 1:00pm
My copy should arrive tonight.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 7:11pm
Having problems posting my long reply here, so it posted it here:

EA MMA
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 7:07pm
Yes, I'd give it a very high rating. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, but that has more to do with lack of time and older games still holding my interest.

In comparison to UFC 2009, I think the graphics are equal or better with much smoother transition animations. The stand-up game is much better due to using Fight Night's "Total Stick" control and stamina plays a huge part in winning and losing. Actually, success and failure really depend on executing a strategically fought fight. Nothing feels cheap in the game and you'll really feel like you won or lost based on how well you fought, since smart fighting is rewarded.

Probably the best thing I can say about EA's MMA is that you can do everything that you can in UFC, but without the complicated button/stick combinations. The control scheme is simple yet very deep and that's where the game really shines.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:49am
Jason, would you say you give this a high rating?  And compared to UFC 2009 what do you think about it?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 7:58am
Hey EA SPORTS MMA Community! I just wanted to take a second and fill you in on the progress of the patch efforts that are currently under way. First we’d like to thank everyone who has sent in issues to the team thus far! We’ve identified some key issues that we’ll be attempting to patch and have been working diligently to get the fixes integrated into the product. Some of the issues we are looking to patch include:

- Reducing the range and combo speed for hook to hook combos to the body
- Increasing the stamina loss for failed takedown attempts
- Stronger punches in the dominate turtle position
- Enlarged window for denying takedowns from the clinch.
- Adding Head Arm choke to Josh Thomson’s move set
- 10 Point scoring system fixes
- Adjustments to the camera’s in the clinch so they do not sway as much during strikes
- Updated Fighter Records for Gesias Cavalcante, Josh Thomson, Nick Diaz, Ronaldo Souza, Tim Kennedy and Tyron Woodley
- Fix issue where Gamertag/Online ID for the fighters were not displaying when viewing Fight Replays
- Resolve issues that caused occasional softlocks during online matches

The test team is currently testing to make sure fixes to the above issues will not cause any new issues to surface. The test team should have testing wrapped up very soon, however they need to ensure all versions (for the multiple regions) successfully get the patch integrated, and that all of them play nice with each other. Once testing has completed Microsoft and Sony will also need to test the patch submission on their end as well.

Source: EA Forum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>