Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: EA Sports MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEA Sports MMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EA Sports MMA
    Posted: 10-18-2010 at 9:40am
Anyone picking this up tomorrow? I can't wait until my copy arrives.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-19-2010 at 4:46pm
Gameshark reviewed it A- and gave it an Editor's Choice.

Edit:  Interesting part of the review...

In the Live Broadcast mode, tournaments are created and fighters are selected for various reasons, such as fighting record, forum popularity, best teaser video, and so on. These players all join a lobby and fight in a live event based on fight cards. While in the fight, the players can have other people in their corner, offering advice. While this is all cool stuff, one thing sets it apart: while the fight is going on, there are commentators describing the action. Other players can join the lobby and watch the fights and it mimics the experience of watching a fight live, or you can watch it later, streamed online.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-19-2010 at 5:42pm
It's getting mostly positive reviews on many of the major forums including the ever-critical OS.

I just played my first game and can't wait to spend some more time with it.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2010 at 2:48pm
Wow, I just discovered Fighter Share (http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare). I'm going to download some new fighters tonight.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2010 at 10:20am
Fighter Share is amazing and really negates the fact that EA does not have the UFC license because you can create any UFC fighter and the announcers will even refer to them by name. I downloaded Brock Lesnar, Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell last night and I'll probably look for some other big names tonight.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2010 at 3:31pm
Can you place those CAF's into career so you fight against them or is it strictly an exhibition only deal?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2010 at 4:40pm
Ted, I haven't started my career yet but was curious about that too. I did some research and a lot of other people are wondering the same thing, but unfortunately their posts haven't been answered yet. I may start a career this weekend, so hopefully I'll find out myself.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2010 at 5:53pm
I finally started the career mode and while you can use one of the created fighters in that mode, it doesn't seem that you'll be able to fight against them. I went through all the rankings and didn't see any of them listed.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 7:58am
Hey EA SPORTS MMA Community! I just wanted to take a second and fill you in on the progress of the patch efforts that are currently under way. First we’d like to thank everyone who has sent in issues to the team thus far! We’ve identified some key issues that we’ll be attempting to patch and have been working diligently to get the fixes integrated into the product. Some of the issues we are looking to patch include:

- Reducing the range and combo speed for hook to hook combos to the body
- Increasing the stamina loss for failed takedown attempts
- Stronger punches in the dominate turtle position
- Enlarged window for denying takedowns from the clinch.
- Adding Head Arm choke to Josh Thomson’s move set
- 10 Point scoring system fixes
- Adjustments to the camera’s in the clinch so they do not sway as much during strikes
- Updated Fighter Records for Gesias Cavalcante, Josh Thomson, Nick Diaz, Ronaldo Souza, Tim Kennedy and Tyron Woodley
- Fix issue where Gamertag/Online ID for the fighters were not displaying when viewing Fight Replays
- Resolve issues that caused occasional softlocks during online matches

The test team is currently testing to make sure fixes to the above issues will not cause any new issues to surface. The test team should have testing wrapped up very soon, however they need to ensure all versions (for the multiple regions) successfully get the patch integrated, and that all of them play nice with each other. Once testing has completed Microsoft and Sony will also need to test the patch submission on their end as well.

Source: EA Forum
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-09-2010 at 10:49am
Jason, would you say you give this a high rating?  And compared to UFC 2009 what do you think about it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>