Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN Big East Online Dynasty
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN Big East Online Dynasty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 21>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN Big East Online Dynasty
    Posted: 08-17-2010 at 1:32pm
I offer each of my players (that I really want) a scholarship the first week.  There really is no exact science to it.  If the player has your school listed first you definitely want to offer a scholarship. You will only get an instant signing by a player that has your school first, at least it has been that way from experience.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2010 at 7:52pm
Bad news, guys, my Elite isn't working.  It's freezing up after about 5 minutes of use, or the screen just goes black, and it locks up.  I'm going to try some things I saw on the Xbox forums (clear the cache, re-seat the hard drive), and I'm hopeful that will work.  If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Financially, I won't be able to replace it any time soon (it's just not high on the list right now, so to speak).

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2010 at 2:01am
Sorry to hear that Kevin.  Give the above a try as those are the most common things to try.

Just avoid this guy, James Dean, professional gamer.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2010 at 4:55pm
Kevin, I think I saw an Xbox 360 Slim with your name on it Wink.

Sorry about your current situation. My died at almost the same time last summer.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2010 at 7:06pm
Brent - what was up with that link?!  I went on there, and I could hardly get away from that page!  I'm afraid I have a virus now!

I tried the fixes with no luck.  I called 1-800-4MYXBOX and they weren't much help.  It would cost $130 to fix it.  Yeah, right.  I can get a new arcade for that, just about, and put my HD on it.  No thanks.  I also tried to get a refund on my Gold Live account, but they wouldn't give me that, either, since it has been over 60 days.  I told them I wasn't pleased, LOL, but they didn't seem to want to budge.

When I bought it, I also bought a 3-year warranty.  I got the paperwork, and found out it expired in May.  Darn!  Oh well...  It will be a little while yet before I get a new one.  Sorry I can't continue.

Jason - the slim looks good, but I may just go for a used arcade unit, or something like that.  I also expect some good holiday bundle deals, so I may even wait until year-end.

Do you guys know if GameStop would take a "broken" 360 in on trade?  Actually, if they tested it out, it would probably work - for about 3-5 minutes, anyway!  :-)  Plus, I couldn't keep my HD if I traded it in.  But I'd be curious - if they gave $40 or something like that, and a used Arcade unit is under $100 or so, I may be able to replace it sooner.  Just thinking over my options...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2010 at 7:39pm
Heh, yea there is that little chat pop up  and stuff but it is harmless. I have my spyware programs running and it showed nothing malicious.

In regards to Gamestop, you can sell the console w/o the HD.  They consider them separate last I checked. Heck I would try trading it in and worst case scenario it craps out at the store and you take it home.

If you want I can just put you on auto-pilot or if you still want to recruit online, I can let you do that and the CPU just sims any game not played once I advance to next week.

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2010 at 4:36pm
If you have a controller and the original A/V cables,take it to GS.
They will test it out;if it boots up and can read a game you will get full trade.
If not,they may still take it, subtracting a "refurb fee" from your trade value.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2010 at 9:32pm
Thanks, guys, I'll think about it.

Go ahead and put me on "autopilot," Brent.  I honestly have no idea how soon I'll be able to replace my 360.  Maybe you guys will still be playing...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2010 at 12:01am
Unfortunately I had to remove your team since the week we were on had you playing an actual person.  It would have required me to sim the game which would not be fair to Koebner. Fortunately you can add a team in an online dynasty any time you wish.  So just let me know and I will get you back in when you get another 360.

Koebner, you now have a game against USF (CPU).

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2010 at 9:23pm
No problem.  It might be Christmas for me...

Thanks,

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 21>