Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Madden 11 Demo Impressions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadden 11 Demo Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madden 11 Demo Impressions
    Posted: 08-10-2010 at 2:10pm
My copy awaits me at home Thumbs Up.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-10-2010 at 2:43pm
Thumbs Down

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-10-2010 at 5:11pm
P.S. My copy of Madden shows to be out for delivery.  LOL  I had you going there.  I know you will never get TW11.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-10-2010 at 5:28pm
You serious?

I wish the I could combine the best attributes of Madden and NCAA Football into one game. For example, I love that you can turn off player names once the ball is snapped in Madden. I'm also becoming a fan of the strategy pad. On the other hand, NCAA Football has a far better gameplay camera and control scheme. I was also surprised to see that Madden does not have Auto-Save. There are others that I can't think of at the moment.

Based on my initial playtime with Madden, I'd give NCAA Football the overall edge so far this year.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-10-2010 at 7:00pm
I just installed to HD. 5.3 GB so it takes up less space than NCAA11.  I have not missed a Madden launch or NCAA for that matter, as long as I have been gaming. Never removed my preorder, just playing with you and hoping it would get you to purchase TW11. Embarrassed

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2010 at 2:07am
Yup, NCAA will get far more gametime.  Like you mentioned no auto-save and also when turning off gameflow, the playbook lacks a quick button press to special teams and goal line. I do prefer the up and down method of selecting a play in Madden. One minor gripe is on defense. I hate watching the cutscenes of the CPU offense coming to the LOS. Unfortunately when you press a button to skip it, it moves you off your player.

I still dislike the strategy pad (just so used to having Madden/NCAA with the same setup).

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-11-2010 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Brent

One minor gripe is on defense. I hate watching the cutscenes of the CPU offense coming to the LOS. Unfortunately when you press a button to skip it, it moves you off your player.

You can hit RT to skip the cutscene and NOT move your player. I use it all the time.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2010 at 10:20pm
Madden sales not up to par?  I have never seen Gamestop give a discount on a Madden or NCAA game this early. Heck, other than Black Friday special you do not see a drop until spring.

$49.99 new
$54.99 used

Gosh I love gamestop. Please hurry up and buy our new copies so we can get some used copies in to make ridiculous profits on. 

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=76809

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123