Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Hydro Thunder Online?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHydro Thunder Online?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydro Thunder Online?
    Posted: 08-07-2010 at 7:01pm
Derek, your times are insane. I'm assuming you got those times with an "Export" boat, right? Also, are you using a lot of shortcuts during your races?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-07-2010 at 7:40pm
Yeah, by now most of them are done with an expert boat.  Cutthroat is my favorite by far!  I use some shortcuts, yes, but nothing too crazy.  There are less actual shortcuts in this game then 'alternate routes,' really, as some might be longer but give you more boost, some shorter but less boost, etc.

I recommend doing a lot of the ring challenges.  On pro level and above, they do a good job of showing you the alternate routes around the track. Also, you are limited to a boat selection based on the ring challenge level, so on all of those I'd be using the same level boat that you are.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-08-2010 at 11:42am
Fun running through the tracks with you today, Jason!  That finish on Asgard was great!

I tried to use some of my 'regular' shortcuts in places so you could see where I was going.

Also, I don't know if you know how to do the speed boost at the start of the race, but if you don't, you do it by hitting the gas the very moment the announcer begins to say the word 'go.' 

Probably mid-week I'll try to get a good group of guys for some more racing.  I'll make sure you get an invite!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-08-2010 at 11:50am
That was a lot of fun this morning. I can only imagine how fun it would be with a full group. I did catch some of your shortcuts, so I'm looking forward to trying them out offline.

I was going to ask how you did that speed boost at the beginning - thanks for the info.

Let me know when you get the online race set for and I'll be there. This game is a blast online.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-10-2010 at 3:38pm
Me and some DSPers may do a quick run of this at 9:30 tonight, Jason.  I forgot it was Madden day, though, so it may be a low turnout.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-10-2010 at 5:31pm
Sounds like fun. I can make it online for 9:30 tonight.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2010 at 7:30am
Derek, do you still have a group of guys that plays this online? If so, let me know the next time you race.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-09-2010 at 9:34am
I have to admit that I was incredibly disappointed by the lack of folks who showed on what would have been only the second race night, so I haven't tried again.

I really enjoy the game, though, and would be willing to play more whenever, but I don't know that I can get a full room. :(
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-10-2010 at 12:17pm
I'm up for some more, most definitely.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2010 at 9:25am
Hydro Thunder's Tempest Pack comes out Wednesday (10/27).

The "Tempest Pack" will offer three new environments, two all-new boats, a boatload of new skins, plus Championship, Ring Master and Gauntlet events. The environments will have you racing through the ruins of Atlantis, the stormy Bermuda Triangle and a medieval setting named Castle Von Boom. The new boat skins will supercharge the existing boats, allowing you to run even your favorite clunker at the game's highest speeds, with two of them coming straight from the Design-a-Skin contest held a while back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>