Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NBA 2K11 vs NBA Elite 11: The battle for $59.99
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNBA 2K11 vs NBA Elite 11: The battle for $59.99

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NBA 2K11 vs NBA Elite 11: The battle for $59.99
    Posted: 08-25-2010 at 12:57pm
The thread of which basketball game to buy, even though I would rather have a patched version of NCAA Basketball 10.

Just figured it would be easier to keep the updates and impressions in one place. It is NBA basketball afterall. Embarrassed

So today's NBA Updates

OS Interview with NBA Elite 11 director

NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-25-2010 at 4:25pm
I'll let the demos decide for me. I was a 2K fan during the PS2 era, but I moved to Live once 2K went to Isomotion controls with 2K5. I'm curious to see how 2K11 plays because the "stuck in an animation" gameplay is supposedly fixed.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-27-2010 at 7:30pm
NBA 2K11 takes the lead in my book with the whole reliving the Jordan days.  Bill Cartwright shooting FT's in High Definition, something we all dreamed would one day be available!

Some gameplay video of the Portland/ Chicago Finals

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-29-2010 at 2:01am
I have seen enough that I pre-ordered NBA2K11 from Amazon for $56.99 and release date shipping.  I have played EA's basketball games the past few years and it is time to give 2ksports another shot.  Plus EA screwed us on no patch for NCAA BB 10 and then canceled the game to boot.

It would have to be one amazing demo for me to change my mind and go with Elite. 

Looks like after NHL, Fifa and 2K11 I have nothing else on my radar for the rest of the year (only exception would be the Trials HD expansion pack). My wallet will be thankful.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-29-2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Brent

I have seen enough that I pre-ordered NBA2K11 from Amazon for $56.99 and release date shipping.  I have played EA's basketball games the past few years and it is time to give 2ksports another shot.  Plus EA screwed us on no patch for NCAA BB 10 and then canceled the game to boot.

I might be doing the same: NBA Elite Finally Emerges
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-29-2010 at 3:17pm
That did not look good and PP said that it was pretty much a finished build.  The power of Mike Wang shows once again.  Poor NBA Live fans got their hopes up when he showed up but you can only fix so much in one year.  Glad he is back at 2Ksports.  Maybe they can garner enough sales to get the NCAA license and put a real basketball game out next year. Embarrassed

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-30-2010 at 3:00pm
Choops 2K8 is still the best BB game this gen.
The classic teams give it replay value even now.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-09-2010 at 4:27pm
NBA 2k11 demo will be out on Tuesday the 14th. I'm looking forward to trying a 2K basketball game this year.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-16-2010 at 10:00pm
I've decided that I'm going to skip this year's basketball games. Elite doesn't look good at all and I'm having a hard time adjusting to 2K's gameplay. I don't have a problem sticking with Live and NCAA Basket 10 for another year. My every-other-year plan has worked well for me with football and basketball games this generation.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-17-2010 at 5:11pm
Well fiddlesticks, if I have nobody to play NBA 2K11 with there is no sense in ordering it.  You could turn that money not spent and put it toward TW 11.  Embarrassed

Now I have to figure out if it is worth purchasing NCAA BB 10 just to play exhibitions and online games.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>