Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Super Meat Boy  only 800 MS Points this month
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuper Meat Boy only 800 MS Points this month

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Meat Boy only 800 MS Points this month
    Posted: 10-20-2010 at 3:20pm
Anyone else picking this one up?  I was a huge fan of N+ and this one has the same feel to it and the reviews have all been glowing and they say the challenge is high.

I have had to put down the open world 3rd person and 1st person games as they seem to be causing me to have panic attacks. I always knew there was a problem but after 30 minutes of free roam in Red Dead yesterday the camera movements really screwed with me.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-20-2010 at 3:32pm
I'm very interested.  Plan on trying the trial tonight.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-20-2010 at 4:03pm
Just finished the first level. Very fun and there is plenty to do for such a simple game.  The dark world levels are going to be rough down the road.  I also like how the different characters have different abilities, which are beneficial on certain maps. (requires you to find a zone or enough bandages)  So while playing a level you are going for the speed run, looking for bandages and possible warp zones.  Then you get the luxury of playing the dark world version of each level which is just that (think many saws and you are a piece of meat).

For 800 points this is a steal.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2010 at 5:13pm
As I further my way into the game, for 800 points this games is a highway to carpal tunnel syndrome. Difficulty is too high for me. Wish there was a way on XBL where you could gift a game, like PSN.  There is now way I would even try to go any farther.

So I picked up Limbo and Toy Soldiers to see if they are all they are cracked up to be. So far I am liking Toy Soldiers, especially that you can enter the shooting modes and fly planes around. Limbo I will be trying tonight.

GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2010 at 6:06pm
I got to Level 2-1.  I think it was 2-1, possibly 2-2.  I spent so long letting the bloody thing kick my arse red raw that by the end of it I'd completely lost track of such details.  Oddly, I hadn't died at all before that level, and then spent an hour doing nothing but...
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2010 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

I got to Level 2-1.  I think it was 2-1, possibly 2-2.  I spent so long letting the bloody thing kick my arse red raw that by the end of it I'd completely lost track of such details.  Oddly, I hadn't died at all before that level, and then spent an hour doing nothing but...

Did you do the dark levels and the warps on Level 1?  Those are pretty challenging. I already spent the 800 points on the game so I guess I will keep trying but man it makes N+ seem like a breeze in comparison.   There is also a glitch they are going to fix where if you get a bandage and die the next time you get it you will not see the little bandage outside on the level map. It does credit you for a bandage though.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2010 at 2:27am
Okay I am through. After racing poop in the boss level 3 for an hour and then going through level 4 (aptly titled - HELL) only to encounter freaking lazers.  Good luck with 4-16 for those who get there. I want nothing more to do with this game. 2,565 deaths is more than enough for me.

Post Reply Post Reply